Notices

Day 9

Old 06-18-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

Hi all. I have been struggling with quitting again since my mom passed in march. I would come on say day 1 and never make it thur. I had a celebration of life ceremony for my mom today and I needed to honor her right and have some time sober to be proud of so this was my motivation. Had I not quit when I did I knew today would be a disaster. Not my actions when I drink just how sick it made me. I drank 20 Oz whiskey a day everyday since Feb 18 and 119 days back almost 5 years of that. I was on a hamster wheel. Drink to relieve anxiety and then not sleep and wake up so anxious so I drink then feel sick all night. Stupid circle I can't be happier to not be on anymore. I did it cold turkey like I did before, had some night sweats,anxiety ect ect but I felt worse drinking. For new people starting if I could say one thing... when your going thru hell keep going.... I promise it's priceless to wake up every morning well rested, not hung over and be able to enjoy the day rather then worry when the next drink is. I was serving alcohol at the party and I had zero craving to have one. Maybe it's different for me because it was littereraly killing me and I was sick. But I wish you all strength on this journey we are all in together.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 9. So sorry about your Mom.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Nine days is great, what kind of plan do you have to stay sober? Family loss is always hard, but made much harder with drinking included.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are indeed all in this together Congratulations on day 9. Let's keep it going, shall we?
Old 06-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing excellent bud
Old 06-19-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats to 9 days hopefull. Well done and keep going.... great to have you here.