Notices

the first wave is over

Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the first wave is over

hello,

I found myself in a angry mood again, stressed out, and just mad. it was friday night and i felt like a old man thinkin i was missin out on stuff. so i started to winterizing my home late, putting plastic over windows stuff like that. so i found myself start gettin tired around 10pm. but i was up at 3am, cant sleep when i detox. its worth it
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's definitely worth it. Last night was my first non-drinking Friday in a long time. Instead of getting plastered and blacking out, I managed to get laundry done and braved the malls for some Christmas shopping after work. I talked to a friend on the phone this morning, she said "wow, you're being a big boy now". LOL I'm in my mid 20s.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At least you are realizing it is worth it. We should never forget that. Sounds like you had a pretty productive friday and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go for making it through your first Friday night, geno and mwstylee! That was a real hurdle for me, too.

You didn't miss out on anything, except in your imagination. A lot of drinkers are wondering today why they drank so much last night, but not you!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

artsoul, thanks for pointing that out. It makes me feel great to know that I'm not going through what they are going through this morning. I just can't express how awesome it feels to wake up feeling so extremely alive on a Saturday!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

very ture for me also, i also been bouncing off the walls and fixing and cleaning everything. taking a break now. but i am already thinking of things to do around the house. man oh man.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Geno-

I'm not sure where you are day-wise in your recovery, but once you get through the first week it will be a lot better sleepwise. I was totally wired when I first quit and it took me about a week before I got a good night's sleep. Putting that energy to a positive use is a good thing.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad both you guys made it - on to Saturday

D
Old 12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
It's definitely worth it. Last night was my first non-drinking Friday in a long time. Instead of getting plastered and blacking out, I managed to get laundry done and braved the malls for some Christmas shopping after work. I talked to a friend on the phone this morning, she said "wow, you're being a big boy now". LOL I'm in my mid 20s.
I'm 30 but in my early to mid 20's I was clubbing/bar hopping 3-4 nights a week. Sometimes I do miss those days but those have to be over for me. The weekends are still a lot tougher for me than the weekdays.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ug...you cant sleep when you detox? I cant sleep now other than for about 2-3 after I pass out.