Administrator

welcome diana

D
Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thank You Dee.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I am back on this site after joining in July. I didn't make it sober very long then. I've tried a few times to quit but thought coming back here might help. I am glad to see others on here doing the same thing this month.

It's Day 2 for me. Feeling so tired. Monster headache. Had to work today and do the "mom" thing this evening. Wish I could escape to a remote island somewhere and lay on the beach with no responsibilities....while I try to fight this alcohol. Alas, I am stuck in real life and have to suck it up. I figure if I can't do this now then I'll need to go to treatment or something. I can't imagine telling my kids that I have to go away for alcohol treatment. If I keep this in mind it might help me stay sober.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I was really depressed today. Stayed in bed most of the day, and finally got up around 3pm. I put in a Netflix movie and lifted weights for about an hour. I then had a great dinner and just finished a cup of hot cocoa. I feel so much better now.

Tommorow I tackle the grocery store. I have never been to the grocery store without buying wine, but I am running out of food.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewWay View Post
I was really depressed today. Stayed in bed most of the day, and finally got up around 3pm. I put in a Netflix movie and lifted weights for about an hour. I then had a great dinner and just finished a cup of hot cocoa. I feel so much better now.

Tommorow I tackle the grocery store. I have never been to the grocery store without buying wine, but I am running out of food.
I have just returned from the supermarket now. The first time in years I have done a proper shop for food, the first time in the best part of 20 years that I bypassed the liquor aisle.

With what I would have spent on booze this fortnight we paid for the groceries, animal food, and Mrs Stig bought a new pair of jeans. I'm loving the positives yet all the way home my brain was screaming 'you forgot the alcohol!'. I'm sure that will pass aswell, along with this dreaded anxiety and general yuk feeling.

If I can do it, anyone can guys.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stigblack View Post
I have just returned from the supermarket now. The first time in years I have done a proper shop for food, the first time in the best part of 20 years that I bypassed the liquor aisle.

With what I would have spent on booze this fortnight we paid for the groceries, animal food, and Mrs Stig bought a new pair of jeans. I'm loving the positives yet all the way home my brain was screaming 'you forgot the alcohol!'. I'm sure that will pass aswell, along with this dreaded anxiety and general yuk feeling.

If I can do it, anyone can guys.
Your post gives me hope. I have already mapped out the store in my head and am thinking about what I can reward myself with when I get home. Maybe some dairy free ice cream or dark chocolate. Not sure yet, but it won't be booze.

I had some major anxiety this morning too. I think it may have been due to drinking coffee. I usually add decaf to my regular coffee but I was all out. I will definitely be buying decaf tommorow.

I think we will feel better as we get more days in. Keep up the good fight.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:00 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

You're right NW - for me the more days I had in the better I felt. The beginning is rough but it does get easier.

Day 36 here. Not easy mind you - just much easier.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I would like to join the class of Dec also
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just finished cleaning house for an 85-year old woman who drinks gin like water. She also smokes like a chimney. I honestly don't know how she is still active, or even alive. It was hard being around the bottles. But when cleaning the kitchen floor I saw broken glass, as usual. I know she gets drunk and breaks stuff. Really, it is sad that she lives like that---although she manages to function very highly for a old person: water aerobics, bridge games, the symphony, etc. I suppose she is the exception and not the rule.

Have some free time this afternoon and got on here right away. Free time for me = thoughts of drinking. I'm trying to plan some things I need to get done to focus on. Day 3 and each day I feel better physically. Still fighting the urges that come and go, but so far so good. Glad to see others hanging in there. We can do this!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Allmost 40 hours sober

I feel sick. I'm so tired when I get off work I need to sleep. I hope day 3 is easier. I was going to go to a meeting this afternoon but I just want to sleep. I don't feel any craveings except maybe for my bar friends that I ussually see everyday. My legs are still cramping and I'm itchy like I have the hives. This feeling really sucks. But I DON'T WANT TO BE A DRUNK ANY MORE
love
diana
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 4

Day 4. Lethargic but clear headed. Last night I got home and REALLY wanted a drink but knew I had to drive kids around so told myself I had to at least wait. Got home and by then the craving had passed. I guess it is the habit of a drink (or ten) with dinner that got me started.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 5. 6 hours sleep so that is definitely getting better! Skin's still crawling though and my complexion has gone to the dogs. Blotchy, flaking and I feel like I'm getting a cold sore. The body must be suffering a vitamin alcohol deficiency. OMG for the first time in my life I might have to moisturise!

Still pretty brain foggy too, typing is much slower than usual. I'd really like to go for a ride but am going to leave it until I feel completely clear headed to be on the safe side.

Great to read others are still hanging in there too, thank you for sharing as it's an inspiration.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome snead - and don't worry diana - you're in too

D
Old 12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thought it about time I added my name to the list of people turning it around in December 2011.

I'm four days in, got a banging headache and feeling a bit grotty but keeping myself stocked up full of tasty food. I know its all worth it.

Good luck guys
Old 12-08-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome FirstDay

D
Old 12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Triggers

Wow - just went through a brutal hour. This is going to be tougher than I thought.

It is amazing that eating something made we crave a drink. Bummer that it appears I'll have to scratch a few favorite foods off the list for a while.

Made it through. I had a root beer. Almost told the server to hold the "root"!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you made it through snead
If certain foods bring associations, then yeah maybe give them a miss for a while

D
Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Well Day 5 is here. Had a pretty good day, didn't work out due to lunch with a vendor. On the way to pick up my kids i had a pretty good craving. I also caught myself trying to justify buying the 1/2 pint of vodka and just "sipping" over a few days. But been down that road before. The other thing that has been tough is my eating. It seems like i have been working out which increases my appetite, then using all my willpower on not drinking...so i have been eating like crap. I to have read up on the primal diets and actually have a couple friends doing it. Seems like a good option. Other than that i feel great. Clear minded, pains in side have disappeared, been very productive at work. Just got to keep it up.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm here during my witching hour--my usual time to buy alcohol. I started making dinner and put a gash in my finger, which was a distraction. Anything is better than drinking, right?

Everyone seems to be dealing with inital withdrawal. For me, my stomach is messed up and my brain is still very cloudy. Could be that I haven't been sleeping, too. Drinking lots of mint tea, which amazingly enough has helped cravings. It also feels comforting. It is nice to do something healthy for myself.

As far as food, I decided to eat whatever I felt like---at least for now. I had to have a fried fish sandwich last night. Not healthy, but better than drinking. Day 3 almost done, yes! Hang in there everyone. Take care of yourselves.