Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Was written for the class of Nov,11. But I thought many might be craving a drink. :)

Notices

Was written for the class of Nov,11. But I thought many might be craving a drink. :)

Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 23

Good day class of Nov.

I have been having strong compulsions and keep lettting my mind entertain a drink, have not though keep thinking thru it . Thought I would share something . Thanks all for always helping.

The thought that comes before having a slip seem to be patrly subconscious. And yet it is likely that at least part of these thoughts get into our consciouness. An idle thought connected with drinking casually pops into our mind. That is the crucial moment. Will I harbor that thought even for one minute or will I banish it from my mind at once?

If I stay , it may develop into a daydream . I may begin to see a cold glass of beer or a strong coctail in my mind's eye. If I allow the daydream to stay in my mind, it may lead to a decision, however unconscious to pick up a drink. Then I am headed off to relapase again.

To all that still let that stinkin thinkin ( me included) get in our minds.

Lets rock on to a another 24 hr of sobriety and wake tomorrow with no hangover or guilt .

Good love, Inda