Notices

cant stop

Old 12-01-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cant stop

I've been drinking 6 days straight and can't stop. I need help. I went to a guy place and he gave me alcohol and I've been drinking since.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What can we say? STOP? You are in pain, this is not good! Can you get to an AA meeting? What would you tell your best friend to do in this situation?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd go see your Dr ASAP- after 6 days straight, I really recommend you to detox with help.

Did you get any phone numbers when you went to AA act10n - now might be a good time to call them....or go back to a meeting?

D
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I recently came off of 4 days straight, you need to stop. It's a waste of life.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please do stop and go to your dr or to an ER.

It could be very dangerous for you to stop drinking by yourself right now.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my parents don't want me to go to AA. They think there are bad people. As in drugs and alcohol use.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

with all due respect - I remember your parents don't want you drinking either but that hasn't stopped you, act10n.

You're an adult. You can make your own decisions. Make some good ones before this gets much much worse.

D
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
my parents don't want me to go to AA.
Well, put on your big boy pants and do what's best for you. It doesn't have to be AA, but it sounds like your ideas of how to get sober have run their course.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're one of those drinkers???? So what makes you different from the AAers? Crazy thinking.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Is it possible to go into a detox or treatment center? We have to take action on our own recovery. Have your folks ever been to an AA meeting? Are your folks religious or have a church they attend? could they maybe talk to their pastor?

I would really recommend you get some medical help to detox. Please keep posting and let us know what you decide to do. Theres no shame in getting help but to my mind, it's a shame to not get help when we need it.Im sure I would have been dead by now if I hadn't reached out.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My question is, what do you want for your life Action? I've read how your friends this and your parents that. How about what Action can do for himself? I don't mean to sound blunt, but I remember using every excuse in the book not to take responsibility for my own life, and to keep drinking.

Take a stand today and stop this madness. You can do this, if you REALLY want to. You talked of rehab...you said, its what you need. Pick up the phone and find a place. You don't need anyone's approval for that. It's your choice my friend. None of us can do it for you. I waited three years for someone to rescue me. Guess what? They never came. You know why? I was my own rescuer!!

Whatever you choose to do...please do something!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

no my parents dont want to go. They think they are gay and stuff.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
My question is what do you want for your life Action? I've read how your friends this and your parents that. How about what Action can do for himself? I don't mean to sound blunt, but I remember using every excuse in the book not to take responsibility for my own life, and to keep drinking.

Take a stand today and stop this madness. You can do this, if you REALLY want to. You talked of rehab...you said, its what you need. Pick up the phone and find a place. You don't need anyone's approval for that. It's your choice my friend. None of us can do it for you. I waited three years for someone to rescue me. Guess what? They never came. You know why? I was my own rescuer!!

Best Wishes To You!
Is there a free rehab place I can go to? dont have the money to pay for it
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

can someone get on the chat room
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am praying for you! I know you are in a bad way now- mentally, physically, financially- You can make a great ending to this story. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Parents sound very worldly. Sorry.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

The salvation army runs free rehabs, Act10n

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

D
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
my parents don't want me to go to AA. They think there are bad people. As in drugs and alcohol use.
Just curious- how old are you? Don't feel pressured to answer. But no matter your age, you are defying them by drinking...which I assume they don't want you doing. What's to stop you from getting help against their will? Parents are wrong sometimes too.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

AA isn't for everyone of course Action. SOme may be apalled by it. But so far since I've been in AA I've met people who have truly helped me alot especially this site. They aren't bad people in a sense. They may have been bad while drinking. Doesn't really make them bad though. It's up to you what you want to do but honestly if you admit to your doctor about your drinking... he'll say AA. Ive been sober 3 months now and it's great. I got off a 4 day drunk and the withdrawal was scarey. I was afraid to go to sleep because my body felt so worn out by trying to eliminate the alcohol and my heart was beating too fast that everytime I closed my eyes it felt like I wasn't going to wake up. I'm very glad that today I don't have to worry about that. No hangovers, no being sick or missing work. I've slowly gained the trust of my job again where I was brought down to 1 day a week now Im back on 4 days a week. I hope everything works out for you and things may seem hopeless right now we all know how that feels, I shook my head and people were sayig it'll get better and now I believe them. So what ever you do is your choice and I know how it feels when you go to a friends house and they give you booze right away or drink with you it can be devastating. I had to say bye to my friends who drank because I just couldn't stay sober everytime I saw them it always involved alcohol in the end. GOod Luck!