Notices

What I love about not drinking

Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, such a realistic post. A friend asked me today about how I feel when I am sober. I only then realised that the days I am sober, I am actually recovering from the last binge. I guess that cannot be classified as being sober.

Congrats on your week. I hope I couple make a similar post next Tuesday...
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks for the inspiring post! Congrats! Time to change, it looks like you already did, now all you have to do is imitate the last week, which you already know you can do right?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post! I can relate to so many of the things on your list. It helps me to remember what I love so much about not drinking. Congratulations on your one week sober! Make no mistake about it; that is quite an accomplishment!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

great job!

one of the small things i love is yogart before bed
Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on day 10 now and feeling great. Your post sounds sooooo familiar to the way things used to be for me.....I don't miss that life! Albeit, it's hard right now but I have to much to lose being the drunk I was.

Keep going, and DON'T pick up another drink.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Very inspiring post. It really mirrors many of the things I am grateful for now that I am new to sobriety. Hiding the hangover at work, wow I don't miss that at all. It's crazy to think about how much of life we have been missing out on. I am really looking forward to getting it all back. Your list is great, I really connect with the wanting to be a good mom and be there for my kids as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenners View Post
Hiding the hangover at work, wow I don't miss that at all.
These were my usuals:
i'm tired
didn't sleep well
feel a cold coming on

Now that I think about it, they must've thought I was a drinker or a really weird tired person because I said one of those every single day. Funny but pretty pathetic.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

wonderful 4 u and the kids

i was getting ready to drive to the store tonight when i started my truck, i remembered i needed to ask my husband a question. i got out of my truck and walked over to where my husband was. as i was asking him a question i turned around and my truck was leaving me down the driveway in the dark, across the street crashing into the bushes between an office and another driveway with a car parked. needless to say i didnt put my emergency brake on before i got out.i believe there was a divine intervention cause so many really bad scenarios could have happened. where am i going with this you say? I WAS SOBER AND IT FELT SO GOOD!, and i was so thankful. 25 days