Notices

day 21

Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 21

Im celebrating 21 alcohol free days. Feels good. Except.....
-Im crabby
-Im impatient
-Im itchy, crazy itchy, all over, my skin is crawling.
-I want to be left alone.
-walking and working out alot, so my body is aching and hurting all over, I wonder if throwing out all my prescriptions has something to do with this(I was on HBP meds, zoloft for depression, zanax for anxiety. Quit all of them 10 days ago. (I am monitoring my BP and it is in normal range)
anybody else have similar symptoms at 3 weeks? thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that's a lot of change all at once. Did your Doctor recommend you stop your medications? Did you see your doctor about your drinking? He/she may be able to help you.

Congrats on 21 days. Being grouchy is pretty par for the course.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow you really went for it. I gave up Xanax over the summer. I had been on it a few years. I had anxiety giving that up (well as expected I guess) but no itching. Some long term cravings for it. I was on antidepressants awhile ago. Tapered off of them. That was hell - those meds are hard to get off of with the weird eye movements and stuff. But for me alcohol has been the worse because on some level, at some time I must have liked it. Hate the **** now.

Other symptoms I also have (similar to you): grumpy, short-tempered, emotional, would LOVE to be left alone

Hang in there. I hear it gets better. I've been lurking on the over a year board and they all seem happy and don't talk about this stuff so it must resolve.

Take care. Eagles stink
Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please talk to your dr.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am starting to miss Beer right know- First time in 12 days, but I knew it was coming. I really want to get a case...and I mean REALLY.

However, I am not going to do it. Went to an AA meeting at lunch and that didnt help at all. I do not like the 12/12 meetings where they read out of a book. I would much rather here people just talk. Anyway, having a tough time dealing with it today. Grouch, quick tempered, etc etc etc.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really can't stress to everyone here how important it is not to go off prescribed meds without at least speaking to your doctor first.

Like Tigger said thats a lot of change all at once.
Congrats on 21 days but I hope you'll see your Dr CF.

D
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I told my Dr. that I was drinking toooooo much....he put me on the antidepresants...I just want to be normal again....the anti's had side affects that didn't let me "feel" anymore....so I threw them away....
I want to feel the ups and downs, I've already dealt with so much pain in my life.... The love of my life, my husband was addictd to cocaine, I eventually left him after 13 years, he wouldn't quit for me.....then, my finance picked me up after my first 26.5 marathon on 04/04/04, he carried me to our car and took care of me, because I couldn't walk another step....he fed me, carried me to the bathroom, and put me on the couch with a heating pad....It was a beautiful day in April, he left for a motorcyle ride and never came back...best day of my life, and the worst, he died all alone....I miss him so much. Long story/short...I want to "feel" again...I don't want to be medicated. I want to feel something again.
besides anger, bitchy, sarcasam, sadness. Where is Happy?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh Cardinalfan - I'm so sorry. I wish I could say/do more.

I totally understand and getting off all the meds will hep so much with that. I agree, having been on antidepressants and xanax that they take away feelings.

Stick with it - I'm sending good thoughts your way.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 21 days!