Notices

Relapse..the longest ever

Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse..the longest ever

Im seriously worried now. I had the longest relapse ever. No one knows about it, but you my friends who have the same addiction to alco.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

maybe stop drinking just for today? I am sorry, I know how had it is. When I relapse it is always devastating, however you have to tell you that you need to stop now. so no matter what stop just for today.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat. Tried to stop just for today but withdrawals were too much and I gave in...just went to the store for a bottle fo Stoli. Good luck to us both.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just drink and drink, I haven't got anyone to talk about it. All my friends, people I know are happy and have kids, I haven't got even a partner. I separated last year. I will be posting on this site a lot... Im very sad.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Glad to see you healthyfood.

I'm sorry that you are so sad. Hang in there, things will improve. Do you think you are ready to try putting the bottle down again?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

How much of that sadness comes from inside that bottle? Leave it there, and make what sadness is left your own. That is your beginning, that is your new start. Make that commitment to you, you deserve what will come when you make that life affirming decision. Keep posting please, we care for each other around here.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Almost all of my friends have families with babies. Not me. Why? Is that because Im an addict?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to see your struggling healthyfood - you too mwstylee...

I think the only way to have change is to make change - it will be uncomfortable initally, it won't be fun...but anything's got to be better than the drinking life we lead, right?

There's a lot of support here - I hope you'll both use it.

D
Old 11-27-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Healthyfood, I'm so glad that you found us and yes, we do understand how painful and overwhelming this disease is.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I really understand! It makes it harder if you're alone! Any chance you can go into treatment ? If you're working have your doc put you on LOA for 30 days?? You need support and understanding not to mentio a doctors help. No one needs to know why you are on LOA
Old 11-28-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My sponsor tells me not to compare other peoples' outsides to my insides and it is so true. I still do it though and have to correct myself.

I try to shift my focus to myself. Sometimes you have to be selfish for your own survival.

Have you thought of trying an in-person support group? There are so many now. I could not do this without AA and the friends I have made there. The commonalities are striking at meetings.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Almost all of my friends have families with babies. Not me. Why? Is that because Im an addict?
Husbands and babies won't make you happy. There's plenty of unhappy people that have both. In fact happiness isn't found in the external things in life; even rich people commit suicide.

Happiness really is internal. I found by my recovery from alcoholism in A.A. that we as human beings do have a spiritual dimension to our makeup, that if left unattended results in a miserable existence. Now, I'm not saying you've got to find 'God' or anything (I'm atheist), but I was connected to that spiritual dimension by going to A.A. and doing their spiritual program of recovery.

It really does treat the alcohol problem at the root and show you how to create the causes for happiness. Husbands and babies may then follow? Who knows eh?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your posts. Im not sure now where to start. I don't want to be the one who quits forever. I want it to be under control. Rather than drinking everyday, enjoy it with friends at the party.
I drink only white wine. I think my first step is not to buy it. EVER. Switch to red which I hate. So but then I will not enjoy that much. What do you think?
Also how is it possible to find the root of the problem I have that makes me want to drink so much.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Healthyfood,

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to QUIT DRINKING ALCOHOL. A lot of us want to be normal drinkers, but we are not. The sooner you figure that out the better....it took me years, and those years were not fun.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back healthyfood...I had wondered where you had got to....
Old 11-28-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

stevie88

How are you? Sober since 20.11 ? Well done you. I had massive relapse. Not sure how to restart.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yep,9 days sober here.....Just get back on the waggon healthy...If i can do it then you can...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

sissy07

The thought not to have it ever, makes me stressful. I could try one day at the time method. Some say it really helps.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

stevie88

9 days is very long. How are you feeling? I will choose my date soon. I like yours.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
stevie88

9 days is very long. How are you feeling? I will choose my date soon. I like yours.
I have to admit the first 2 days i didnt feel too good,but since then i have felt great every single day...My appetite has come back with a vengance which is good because whilst i was drinking i weighed 120 pounds and i am 5'10 tall so i was really underweight..In 9 days i have put on 10 pounds so i am really happy with that and im off to join a gym later this week so i can start pounding the weights....I have so much more energy now its amazing....Come on healthy,jump back on that waggon....Oh i forgot to say i also quit smoking on the same day.....