Notices

anger, tiredness

Old 11-27-2011, 01:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anger, tiredness

I just need to voice my feelings. I have been feeling great this last week but not sleeping as well as I would like. It used to be worse when I drank.

Last week I stayed overnight in a cheap hotel and had such a good sleep, woke up full of energy and the rest of it that goes with a good nights sleep. I am getting sick and tired of waking up 3-4 times a night.

This morning I got angry at work, a lot was due to tiredness and if I had not been tired I would have handled myself better, so hours later I am feeling bad, remorseful, that AV that has been quiet for more than a week is raising its voice.

Just posting this to relieve the pressure.

I think I will invest in some earplugs.

CaiHong
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MINEr

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
I think I will invest in some earplugs.

CaiHong
I hear they sell them at meetings. My voice has been a touch loud lately too, had a good three hours of "go get trashed" running through my head at work, still don't know why though. It comes at the strangest times. Hope the sleeping thing continues to get better, I find a solid six hours at least is vital to me.(I work late, and do early recovery work, rarely do I get eight) Posting here is good work though, I try to do a little something daily here. Goood luck bud, were in it together.

camedown
Old 11-27-2011, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find those ear plugs CaiHong

D
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

hey Cai...sorry you're not getting good sleep. Mine has been disturbed too, which it usually is during a change of seasons. I think the time change screws me up too.

The weird part for me is that I've also been experiencing rapid sleep. I'll sit down to watch some tube, and find my eyes closing within 10 min. This doesn't mean I'll sleep well through the night, though.

Anyway, I think its normal. I keep reading the PAWS link, and a couple books I bought about early sobriety; i.e., first few years.

Hang in there. I enjoy your posts.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

are you working any steps or just AV? don't stop on a step....

I wish you better sleep!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all
for your kind words.

I was very lucky, I had the opportunity to apologise to the people concerned and we will start fresh next week. I felt so much better after out talk. I hated geting angry, loss of control and perspective.
Sugar I am doing my 5 th step today with my temporary sponsor.

I am off to a meeting this morning. Probably get back tonight unless I decide to stay overnight and catch a breakfast meeting.

Have a good day
CaiHong
Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am 4 weeks in and posted earlier today about having sleep issues. After the first two weeks I was sleeping now a baby. I too am up at least 3-4 times a night and getting some cravings from the "voice". As close as I have come to wanting to drink or fantasizing about it, I haven't and am sticking close to the forums for some support. You are doing the rt thing by posting here and hopefully we will get that restful sleep again soon. I try to think of the times I used to drink myself to sleep and wake up in the middle of the nite with heart palpitations. At least now I am just awake and not suffering. Being tired sucks but being hungover sucks more
Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea, anger can be very hard to deal with, even the subtle anger that hasn’t really become full blown yet.

I know this doesn’t work for everyone but melatonin really helps me, and it's natural, I take it every night; I’ve read it works as a good antioxidant.

I hope your day gets better and you get some good sleep soon!