Notices

Because She Was Willing to Go With Me...

Old 11-26-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Because She Was Willing to Go With Me...

Last week I was having a really really hard time staying sober. I had to go to DUI court and I did it by myself and I was feeling pretty bad afterward. I called my sponser and a few key people in my program and I was talked through the biggest desire to drink. So I went and bought some food and I went home and cooked an amazing dinner for several hours. And, the food was great. I thought I would go to a meeting since a good friend of mine was hosting the meeting.

So, I get to the meeting that the topic of the meeting is "boredom" and boy did that send me over an emotional roller coaster... I am not sure why.. it just did. And, the friend of mine stayed beside me and she talked me through it. I have a business trip planned this week for a out of town trip. Last time I did this trip I relapsed... and I am scared as **** that I will relaspse again.

Know what my friend said... she said "oh I will drive up there and stay with you..."

I mean how freaking awesome is it that she cares enough about my soberity (sometimes more then myself it seems)... that is will drive up there with me and help me through this week.

It is because she was willing to reach out that I have discovered truly what it is to have a service heart and the willingness to go the distance when you are helping to protect someones soberity.

Thank you to that amazing woman for the best gift she gave to me and the one thing I am most grateful for this holiday season.

Saliena
Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What an uplifting post to have a friend like that. Pretty soon, you will know how to handle these situations alone, or with help. I'm so glad you made it through.

Best to you.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Real friends are great treasures - I'm glad you have that level of support Saliena

D
Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a real friend!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a wonderful, unselfish your friend is. And you must be somebody really special for her to care about you that much. You are lucky to have her, and she is lucky to have you. What a gift....money can't buy loyalty like that!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Saliena,

Yes a real friend gives you what you need. Yes, that to me is real service. I hope that one day I can be of real service.

My best friend has got me here and for that I will be forever grateful'
She has tried to "help" many people over the years, most have backfired. I think I am seen as one of her ongoing successes.

All the best
CaiHong
Old 11-26-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Now that's giving back!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are so lucky to have someone in your life like that. What a good feeling for you.
Have a good time on your trip.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How wonderful! Hope you have a good/safe/sober trip.