Notices

Back again, been about a year

Old 11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again, been about a year

Just logged in and realized it's been about a year and a half since I was here last. Did I stop drinking? Of course not. Do I need to? Of course I do. Someone tell me to pour out the rest of my bottle of wine. I need to change things in my life. And I guess I shouldn't need someone to tell me to do what I know I should do. Anyhow, I am back.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back isittime.

Someone tell me to pour out the rest of my bottle of wine.
Just do it - don't debate it. Get up now and do it

Then, tomorrow, start thinking about ways to find more support.

There's no reason why you can't turn your life around - you just have to decide to do it

D
Old 11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by isittime View Post
Thanks so much for all your replies. My husband has no idea I did that walk to the liquor store. Oh the hiding I would do, it goes on and on. He had gone out that evening with my daughter and my 3 year old son and I were at home. They also gave him candy at the liquore store that night which kind of made me sick to my stomach, thinking, "do they feel sorry for him, knowing he has an alcoholic mom?" Chances are, yes they did. As for the fake groceries, I never did that but I used to try and go to different liquor stores all the time as I was too embarassed to go to the same one EVERY DAY!! I only ever bought one bottle of wine at a time, couldn't stock up because I didn't trust myself with more than that in the house. I'd just drink it of course.

I still have not gone to a meeting, to be honest I have been going to bed early every night, husband it out tonight but tomorrow I should really check one out.
I just took a quick look at your old posts to see if it might be useful to remind you of where you were/are.

I finally reached a point where focusing & dedicating my time to recovery was far easier on me & everyone around me than picking up a drink.

Maybe you could try to put the same effort into not drinking as you currently are with your drinking. You can do this but you have to change & do something to make it happen. Posting on this forum a few times a year & not changing anything isnt going to do it. (many have tried & failed at doing this technique... including me)

Lets here about your commitment & new plan to get & stay sober.

All of the best in your recovery ~ NB
Old 11-25-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh &... Yes isittime it is time & the time is now. Go & pour it out & get ready for a new life of sobriety.

You can do this
Old 11-25-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do it—you will be so glad you did!

Maybe not right away. At first it's terrifying. At least it was for me. Life without alcohol? How would I get through dinner? How would I cook dinner? How would I clean the dishes? What would be my reward after putting my daughter to bed?

Yep, I actually used to think I needed a reward for tucking in my own kid at night. Insane, isn't it? That whole life is so exhausting. The plotting and scheming. Obsessing over when I would drink, how many I'd had, how many were left, night after night, year after year.

You don't need to keep doing this. There's no reason to be afraid or to wait another day. Stop listening to the addiction when it tells you now is the wrong time. Put down that bottle, make sobriety your top priority. Before you know it, you'll be feeling more relaxed, confident, and thankful than you have in years.

You can change everything by changing one thing.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post

You can change everything by changing one thing.
I love this Ready ~ Thank You
Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Of course, pour out the wine.

Since you've been away from SR for a year and a half, and are having trouble getting sober, I suspect it's going to be tough to stop drinking all by yourself. You might want to consider some face to face support to help you. I ended up going to AA and that has made the difference for me.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi isittime I was always waiting for the "right" time to stop. The next Disney vacation, the next trip to my family's, jan 1. Yep always picking a date. Then I just decided to stop Nov 2. I was like what the heck kind of date is Nov 2. Right before the holidays? What was I thinking??? But it was the right decision. Deep down the healthy part if me knew that. I thought about just drinking a bit through the holidays but the more stories I read make me know that's not the answer. So my date is Nov 2 and I will have my first sober holidays in years and years. And the first time I will be sober when my daughter turns 6 in Dec and when my youngest turns 4 in January.

Something brought you back. It's time. It will be hard but I already see benefits. We're here for you
Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And if last time your efforts were unproductive, what will you do differently this time? Any new plan to make this time the last?