Notices

Day 47 Drinking seems foreign

Old 11-23-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 47 Drinking seems foreign

I used to drink or want to drink whenever I started to have mental trauma. Today I don't think of alcohol as a way of easing that psychological pain like I used to. I don't even know if drinking would really help me feel better. I am forgetting how it feels to be intoxicated. I still think about drinking again someday, like it would be nice to drink again, but the reality of how my life was when I was drinking wakes me up from that daydream of happy drinking. So, I think I am starting to get a little better. Alcohol doesn't seem like the cure-all that it used to be for me.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am @ 41 days and feeling the same as you. It does not consume my every thought anymore, and feel stronger everyday. I'm confident that I will never pick up a bottle of scotch again, or anything else for that matter. Sounds to me you have the same confidemce I do. When I think of the future, I know I can not have a first drink, or how nice it could be if I could just have one. I've thought about it, but I know better. Congratulations on 47 days.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's a great start guys - congratulations

D
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

That sounds really good, you ought to be very pleased with yourself.

Much of the mental trauma that I experienced when drinking disappeared after a few months. I'm sure that you will discover that life doesn't get perfect, but it does get much easier.

Congratulations on 47 days!

And congrats to you too, bozboz.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations you two Keep up the awesome work!

When I go shopping, I usually now pick up one of those energy drinks or starbucks doubleshot coffees - which happen to be right in (arms length) the alcohol section. Even when picking up the energy drinks I have no desire to even drink and that makes me feel great. I do however watch my moods. If I'm crabby, I won't go shopping.