Notices

At the heart doc.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At the heart doc.

I figured I should make sure I haven't done any damage to my ticker! Wow are they supportive when you tell them you were a drunk! Lol. I would tell people not to fear talking to them! . Just spill it peeps!
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are in such a caring and supportive doctor's office and I hope you get really good news. Good on you for being so proactive with your health. Wishing you the best! (Let us know what the doc says too.)
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well it went okay. I told them of mY sorted past - eating disorder then alcoholism... Basically I was given my sixth medication - Crestor, and I will be getting a sonogram of my heart, doing a stress test and wearing a halter monitor to monitor my heart for a couple days. Now, I'm fairly young,43 and I drank heavily for 20 years. So for those of you questioning your drinking in your 20s and 30s, think real hard about whether you want to be like me in your early 40s. Just sayin, it could be your future - high blood pressure, anxiety and mood disorders, etc. I don't wish my distruction on anyone and I honestly don't know why on the outside I look young. Makes no sense. And that's the update for now!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Hoping the best for you, 1. The body is amazing. Forty three is absolutely young enough to recover from a ton of abuse. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing! wishing you all the best.

happy thanksgiving,
kc
Old 11-24-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
Well it went okay. I told them of mY sorted past - eating disorder then alcoholism... Basically I was given my sixth medication - Crestor, and I will be getting a sonogram of my heart, doing a stress test and wearing a halter monitor to monitor my heart for a couple days. Now, I'm fairly young,43 and I drank heavily for 20 years. So for those of you questioning your drinking in your 20s and 30s, think real hard about whether you want to be like me in your early 40s. Just sayin, it could be your future - high blood pressure, anxiety and mood disorders, etc. I don't wish my distruction on anyone and I honestly don't know why on the outside I look young. Makes no sense. And that's the update for now!
Good for you! Beware of those sticky patches- I hope you don't have a hairy chest,lol.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello 1undone,

I'm glad you're taking proactive steps to making sure your health is good. The body is an amazing thing and I really am hoping everything checks out good for you.

questioning your drinking in your 20s
I questioned it almost all of my 20's, thankfully this (second) time is "it". I tried quitting last year, but it only lasted two months. I never had the support system like I do now though .
Old 11-24-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. I opened up to my Dr this week (still shocked that I did) and was surprised by the support as well. I'm getting my body checked out as well, starting with an u/s on my liver.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish I could trust doctors, I hope everything works out ok for you, I'm done drinking but gonna take my chances 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' comes to mind.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you are ok! Happy you went, too. My friend found out he's had some mini strokes. He looks fit & healthy, works out, eats well, but he never "felt" anything abnormal.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SugarBear that's exactly why I'm doing this! I need to know if anything is wrong so I can deal with it now. I'm going to assume I'm okay but given my history I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little something. But I'll stay positive for now and glad I mustered up th courage to go and tell them all about EVERYTHING!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

I went in for a checkup two weeks ago, when I told my doctor I quit drinking 9 months ago he looked like he wanted to hug me.

Cardiologist and dentist thursday.