Notices

alone on thanksgiving

Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ryan,

Reading your posts I have a special place in my heart for you. I am not happy about it, but use this Thanksgiving as a reminder of how bad alcohol has messed up your life. Maybe this is what you needed (although it is really tough). And think about future Thanksgivings.....if you stay sober you have many more to look forward to. Through your actions you can win back the respect and trust of most of those you have temporarily lost, and foster sober relationships with people that you don't even know now. It will get better....the holidays are so tough....but remember there are a lot of people that are alone during the holidays....it is not all it is cracked up to be in those blasted tv commercials that show everyone having a ball. Take care and stay strong. Next year can be a lot better.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MINEr

Fifteen years ago, I got my divorce, and I spent the next fifteen alone and drunk. I will not see my beautiful daughter tomorrow, but I will get to talk to her, tell her I love her, and hear her tell me the same. I am making small steps towards the future, sober. Please, I beg you, stay the course of sobriety, don't make the mistakes I did. I can't get back the past, it is gone, and I will never get those unmade memories. I can fight towards new ones though, and each small victory in that battle is like a piece of my heart being replaced. Best of luck to you.

camedown
Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

That sucks, man.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you check in soon Ryan

D
Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How's it going Ryan? Have you connected with any of those folks which were suggested and which, I'm sure, would love to see you? There are lonely people out there, like you, trying to get into recovery. Hope you can contact some, wish them a happy holiday and a holiday a little less lonely because alcoholics have a way of sticking together and helping each other out. That's the way to do it. Help someone feel less lonely and that way your own loneliness will lessen. Reach out and shake a hand, pat a back. Smile a smile and you'll get tons of that coming right back to you.Back when I was starting out, a fellow said to me, "Let's do it together!" I've never forgotten that. Every good wish.

W.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Thinking about you today, ryan.... Stay strong!

One of the best times to practice gratitude is when things are at their lowest. Holidays aren't usually as grand as the image we have in our head. In fact, I woke up to a migraine and my daughter is sick, but there are people just like you who are going through divorce, in the hospital, or still in the throes of addiction.

I hope you find something to life your spirits today -- we care about you!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today I am 24 hours sober. I know I have along way to go but it is a start! Look at today as a new beginning!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy thanksgiving Ryan

D