Notices

Urge

Old 11-22-2011, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Urge

A twitch. Just a thought. A slight urge or craving. It just popped in my mind and sent me running here to just write it out and work it out in my mind.

About 3 weeks before my year anniversary I came here a lot and posted a lot. I was real nervous. Once it passed things settled. However, we have been working 8 days straight, 13 hour days and it's been hectic and stressful. I don't get too stressed out. If I can get away for a few minutes and meditate I do. Sometimes I will just stop and think for a few seconds until some of the stress melts away.

But tonight under normal circumstances(as normal as working 84 hours a week can be) the thought of alcohol came to mind.

Nothing really needed. Just wanted to write it out. Get it out of my mind and lurk and read for a bit.

Big love for all SR peeps for being here.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Sounds like you know you are being stretched , we can't control what comes to our mind eh , only how we react to it. Stay strong TinMan
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Best thing to do, get it out. If you don't it can festers and you know where that can end up.

I was in a similar position a month or so ago and posting about it helped as I'm still hanging in there lol

If I was struggling I would post 10 times a day to keep me from going back on it. It's great that we have this place and all these friends to listen and support, just at the tip of our fingers.

Thanks for your post!

Stu.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I worked pretty late last night, I was tired and hungry, but at first I didn’t notice this, all I noticed was I was craving a beer (I could say I was wanting one, but it was only cravings).

After a few minutes of not being able to get it out of my head I stopped at a store (I was an hour away from home still) and bought a chocolate drink and a donut, this did the trick for me, for some reason I think our minds crave when we need energy, the alcohol used to be that source of extra energy at the end of the day.

If I can get a ‘good’ meal in that helps but sometimes I just got get something, anything but booze.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you came here to work it out TinMan

I think it's Hevyn's sig that says monsters live in the dark - drag them into the light and they die....

lotta truth in that

D