Notices

Not sure where it will all lead....

Old 11-15-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure where it will all lead....

Finally convinced hubby to seek help. He isn't happy. Last nite I got the part where its because he comes home to me, that he drinks. After all, he only drinks after he gets home. I feel as though I've returned home to my alcoholic dad and codependent mom....Always my fault. It is so hard to keep this disease in perspective and realize that the accusations are part of the denial and disease. I'm feeling very fragile today and so close to tears. Could really use a hug and a shoulder. This week is not good to find an alanon group and next week will be too busy as well. Have finally found the locations of local groups, though, and will seek them soon. Just needed a place to vocalize my thoughts. Thanks for being there!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome sotiredofitall

I do encourage you to follow up on the alanon thing - at least see if it's beneficial to you.
I know you'll find a lot of understanding and support here, too.

I hope you'll check out our Family and Friends section here as well - you'll find a lot of people down there who know what you're going through

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Do check out Friends and Families forum for lots of support from people who have been where you are.