Notices

Weekend Update

Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend Update

Today is day 10 by the way. Saturday night went to an open bar charity benefit and am proud to report that not only did I not drink, but I wasn't ready to run home and put my head under the covers after only 20 minutes! We actually stayed from 8 to almost 11! And guess what? I realized I didn't have any worse or better time because I was sober. It went by fairly quickly, I enjoyed chatting with some acquaintances and eating some good food. And yesterday went to my brother and sister-in-law's house, normally an excuse to throw down some drinks since I have no responsibilities but to sit there, and I got through it and actually enjoyed talking to my family and the kids without the haze of alcohol clouding around me. Thanks again for all the help of my friends on SRC!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job. Congrats
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Went and saw one of my long time drinking buddies this weekend. It was up at his kid's hockey game, hadn't seen him for months. He tried like hell to get me to bring something to drink up to the rink and I resisted quite successfully. It was by no means easy because that is much of what consumed our years as friends but as much as I love the guy, I love myself even more... whatever it takes to stay sober.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work pikkle69.!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your ten days sober and for resisting the temptation to drink at the benefit.