Notices

Here goes nothing!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here goes nothing!!

Hey all! So, this is my 3rd attempt at quitting drinking all together. I am so sick and tired of the same thing happening all the time. I had a pretty good grasp on it, until this last weekend. I went out with everyone from work and had a great time, until i blacked out and was late for work on sat morning. I worked sat, came home and had a couple glasses of wine and went to bed. And then, of course, on sunday, I drank til i passed out again..... I was severly anxious that I acted a fool on friday, but no phone calls or people saying anything to me, so i guess all was well..... gosh, i HATE when that happens, and sadly I guess it needed to happen so that I could move forward. I feel solid about this. I am not going back to a 12 step program. I am using avrt. I am happy with this decision-- I can do this!!! I am actually looking forward to not being hungover or having to defend my stupid decisions. I already feel more at peace with myself....its absolutely amazing!!! So, here goes nothing!!! I will keep you all up to date on my journey!!! thanks for reading
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

please check in every day. There are alot of us starting off and good vibes going around right now.
My God, how I wont miss the ole belly flip when I wake up in horror wondering who I insulted, what I said, what I posted on fb, who I rang/texted/emailed!!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ontherightpath. It's great ur making this choice. I'm using daily antabuse and it's great knowing I can't drink. I probably would have slipped. Knowing I can't is a great relief and a great tool for learning how to deal with not drinking.

Anything you need to do to stay sober
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Glad you're giving sobriety another go.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I am just sitting here trying to remember that looking forward is what I need to do. Why look backwards? Im not moving that way. I hate the feelings of shame and guilt. I know that I cant drink like my friends can. I dont know why I think its a good idea to go out with them on the weekends. I mean seriously. I dont get into any trouble or anything like that, I just over do it and black out. I know that its a dangerous game to play and I am just done playing it.I want to feel good, I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not feel pity for the person staring back at me. I checked out the crash course on avrt. I do believe that this will be my saving grace. I attended meetings in the past, and I just kinda felt like the group (aa) for me anyways, never let me put the drink down. I felt like I had to be there. I just didnt like it. This time, I dont have people harping on me, I dont have people judging my actions, I dont have people telling me anything I dont want to hear. Instead, I am making this choice of sobriety on my own will. I will do anything to stay sober. I am making a promise to myself that I will never drink again. I cant do it. Its not safe. Its not healthy. Its just not for me anymore!! I am confident in my decision. I have not really discussed these things with my dh. He just started a new job and is traveling alot. I know that seems like a scary situation, but for me, I like it, because I have to stay in line when he is gone. So i do not drink as it is, with him away. I am excited. And I cant honestly say that in the past when i have tried, that i felt this way. So, im goin with it.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ontherightpath View Post
Why look backwards? Im not moving that way.
You sound like you are progressing very well with your thinking about your situation.

I hope you will enjoy building a new sober life and wish you all the best!