Notices

What do you drink now?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lots of ice water at first...
now after almost a year I'm into pink lemonade,coffee in the a.m.
twist water and for a treat starbucks passion tea/lemonade....so good
Good luck
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lots of Robitussin and Mtn Dew! just kidding about the cough syrup...
Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Im in ireland and Im liking pepsi max right now and 7 up. Straight from the can.....lol! Well hard me!! Actually for peeps that drank from cans , drinking a can of soda is a good way of tricking the ole head into thinking everythings normal. I drink perhaps 2 - 3 cans of them in the evening watching the tv......its working for me so farx
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: Overseas... on the shore of an uncharted desert isle.
At home, coffee, fruit juice, sparkling water and sometimes tea.

When I am out, either hot coffee or iced tea. If it's a soda, then usually ginger ale but no more than two as I'm not crazy about the sugar. Some restaurants feature exotic 'healthy' juices and tea concoctions these days - so I'll try those out if on the menu.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Argonaut

A lot of coffee drinkers here I had to give up coffee as it made me anxious, but I guess I am more sensitive to caffeine. I also don't drink normal tea anymore, as it contains theine, which is the same as caffeine. Gave up drinks with a lot of sugar too.

Now my favorite drink is herbal or fruit tea, without tea leaves but with a lot of dried fruit and herbs like mint, hawthorn berry, blackcurrant, hibiscus, cherry, wild rose, aronia etc. It tastes great and is very healthy with a lot of anti-oxidants. A cousin of mine in Poland produces those fruit tea's and we ship to the USA (advertising mode off)

I also drink 1,5 liter of water daily and a Gatorade after sport.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

During the day, I drink lots of water.

In a social setting, I drink grapefruit juice -- and this is the weird part -- I drink it because I don't like it all that much, but it is something healthy, so I don't drink it too fast. I sip at approximately social drinking pace. If it were something like apple or orange juice, I'd have 5 of them before most people finished their first cocktail.

<shrugs> whatever works, right?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Water, Coffee, Tea, Soy Milk in Muesli and the occasional Coke.
Can binge out on Iced Tea.
Don't do fruit juice as in buy off the shelf anymore cos not sure what's in it these days, but make my own fruit juices from known fruit growers.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've been drinking tons! Of 7 up, sweet tea (I swear that stuff helps with cravings), watermelon juice, coffee, and milk. Yes I am probably getting way too much sugar but I am not going to be too hard on myself about that right now (still better than 7 to 12 beers a day). If I'm still craving sugary drinks at 30 days I will probably have to start weaning myself off them.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Coffee in the morning, powdered drink mix, ice water, 0 calorie flavored water, flavored and unflavored seltzer. Once in a while (because I can't afford the calories continuously) Vernors Ginger soda, fruit juice, regular soda.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Coffee in the morning. Coke Zero. Fanta Zero. Lots of water. Milk and some juice. I drink between 4 to 5 liters (sometimes even more) a day when I am not drinking alcohol, and it really depends on the day what it is.

I'll eventually start getting rid of the diet stuff, but the time has not come yet.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Water, coffee and lots of CocaCola... and I've never liked soda in my life so this is really weird!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Coffee and water, tons of each.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Originally Posted by mattparadise View Post
Just wondering what everyone drinks now. Since quitting drinking, I've really been enjoying Ginger Ale. Every day I drink lots.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Do you get Vernors out your way? Best ginger ale ever!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Coffee, diet coke, ginger ale, lots of water.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Water, espresso, and Yerba Mate. If in a restaurant, I may drink tonic water.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Sugar free ginger-beer. I buy 2 litre bottles 6 at a time. Always got one on the go beside me. Other than a coffee or two in the morning it's all I drink.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I finally quit caffeine and avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup ("sugar").

Peppermint tea! Morning and night.

During the work day I'll have seltzer water.

Both are quite inexpensive.

Caffeine and HFCS screw with my blood sugar levels and can cause frequent and intense cravings.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm not too picky, anything without alcohol...

Had a glass of eggnog the other night, love milk, water and tea, and yes coffee, I drink sodas but not too much, & juice or whatever else without alcohol.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pikkle69 View Post
Do you get Vernors out your way? Best ginger ale ever!!!
I agree. I grew up near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and it was in every store. Living in Syracuse and Schenectady New York it was nowhere to be found. I visited my sister in Rochester (right before my Bonaire trip) and found that the Tops store carried it. Now when she comes to visit she brings me a couple of 12 packs. It IS the best ginger soda ever! Their Wegman's sells another hard to find item. Sesame Hot Oil. There was a store here that was quite a drive that carried it but it went out of business. Now my sister is my fix for those two items. LOL

BTW I find Hot Oil, Tobasco, Chipotle Sauce, and House of Tsang Szechuan Spicy Stir-Fry Sauce to be good taste treats that are flavorful/intense enough to take the place of the taste of booze (I love the taste of good burbon, scotch, gin, red and white wines) - for me at least.