Notices

day 1 under my belt

Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation day 1 under my belt

so to was day one and it was just like any other recovery day, it wasnt to bad,what scares me is tomarrow. after church it football and i normally drink all day, so this is going to suck. stock up on soda i guess. tomarrow is going to be hard.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't think about tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Come up with a plan and stick to it..think about how to handle the situation. Leaving is always an option. Just don't drink alcohol! Old habits are hard to change..day 12 for me. Believe me I'm still learning.. You can do it.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Tomorrow will be my 8th Sober NFL Sunday.
I really thought it would be like; coffee without sugar, peanut butter without jelly, a car without wheels etc....
I've gotten use to it plus other sports (MMA fights). I realize now I cannot drink like others, just have a few during the event and then go on with the rest of the day, 'not' drink like a maniac and pass-out on the floor an hour after the game ends (or even before).
Slowly but surely I have proved to myself that I don't have to drink for the reasons\excuses I have created and perpetuated over many years. It was (and sometimes still is) hard to get through the cravings, but the rewards are definitely worth it.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on ur 12th day
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One day is something to be grateful for. I read tons of post on my first couple of weeks. It's really awesome to have such a support team 24/7. I read people who were on day 30, and just wanted to be there SOOOOO bad! I was a little jealous, to tell you honestly. Today is my 30th day. If I can do it, so can you.