Notices

feeling really antisocial and lame lately.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lbern View Post
Thanks for the responses. I am sure it will pass. I guess it's just hard being in your mid-20's and being sober when you're surrounded with opportunities not to. I live in SF which is a big party city. Lots of my friends go out all the time. I passed up going to a show the other night that was at a bar because I thought I'd feel uncomfortable, even though I have done it since I've gotten sober. I just feel like everyone else is out having fun and I'm sitting at home alone, reading or watching a movie or whatever. It's hard.
Wow, I'm in basically the same situation you are! I'm also in my mid twenties and live in the SF bay area. All of my friends drink and I have been feeling really anti social as well since I've been trying to get sober. Glad to know there is someone else near me going through the same thing! Feel free to message me if you'd like to chat!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Invest in some good fiction, I spent my booze money on books for my sober months and even when i got back on the sauce i still read. Books bring life to life.

Stay safe.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goalofsobriety View Post
Wow, I'm in basically the same situation you are! I'm also in my mid twenties and live in the SF bay area. All of my friends drink and I have been feeling really anti social as well since I've been trying to get sober. Glad to know there is someone else near me going through the same thing! Feel free to message me if you'd like to chat!
Cool!!! What meetings do you go to? I rarely leave the city, haha...so all mine that I go to are here.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I got to meetings in Oakland and Berkeley although I haven't been to too many lately- I need to get back to them. Yeah, if I lived in the city I'd probably rarely leave too! Are there any meetings in particular that are really good in the city?