Notices

mom of 3 and an alcoholic

Old 11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lor

mom of 3 and an alcoholic

this is my first time on this site. im 29 and have been an alcoholic for about 8 years. i have 3 kids and a wonderful husband and cant understand y i have to fall down drunk at nighttime??? i mean who the hell drinks 3 or 4 bottles of wine on a tuesday night while watching food network??? i have tried not drinking b4 but never seriously. usually i was just hungover swearing off drink but today is my second day sober and im really happy to start making a major change in my life. anyway the problem is ALL my friends and family drink some extremely heavy most on the extreme moderate side haha (if there is such a thing) and now i have nobody to talk to about my quest for sobriety!!! so i want to make some new friends to share in my journey and also theirs
Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR lor

D
Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love food network. I'm a Mom of 4 and I hear you sister. Why am I drinking pineapple rum out of a kids plastic cup while I'm putting my 4 year to bed. Something's not right here. And I love my wine too. But enough is enough time to stop. You can't ignore it anymore. Come here and talk to us. We want to get clear heads and live our lives.

I'm here for the same thing - friends to share my quest and to support me through this time.

Second to SR
Old 11-11-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Welcome! I also have 3 children.

People probably don't drink as much as you think.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome lor! I didn't have anyone to talk to either - and when I came here I was amazed at all the people who were just like me. It immediately comforted me to know I wasn't alone anymore.

Congratulations on deciding to get rid of the poison from your life. I convinced myself I needed it to live - but I found out being numb and foggy isn't living at all. You can do this - and we're glad to be with you as you move forward.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can relate. Mother of 4, all of my friends and family are heavy drinkers. I am on Day 13. It does get easier! To me it has been a strange journey. I am doing it alone, but I don't feel lonely, I feel happy (today anyway ha ha)!! Keep up the good work you can do it!!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!! I am also a Mom of three and also a foodie! All my adult life people have been telling me that I am not an alcoholic, but I know it isn't true.
What matters is what YOU think!