Notices

If ever there were a 'reason'

Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Least, I am so very sorry . I can tell you are the best dog mama & all your creatures are blessed to have you . My thoughts are with you.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Least)))
I am so sorry about your sweet Nikko. He was much loved. And he surely is wagging his tail at seeing his "humom" being strong and well.

My thoughts are with you -hugs,
chicory
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry least. I knew Nikko was unwell but I was hoping for a miracle.

I am glad that he was able to see you get well. I have faith that he is now waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow bridge. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Rest in peace sweet Nikko.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for your loss, least.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nikko died as he lived, with your devoted love beside him.

I'm sorry Least, I know this hurts terribly. Dogs are blessed who find their way to your heart.

Hugs
Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. It is never easy losing a beloved furbaby.

Nikko is proud of you tonight and so am I.

(((least)))
Old 11-12-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Least...I am so sorry for your loss of Nikko, and my heart goes out to you in your grief. My prayer is that your friends here, your memories of the good times, and tears of sorrow in your loss will provide all the comfort you will need at this time.

Peace.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(((((least)))))). I am so sorry to hear about Nikko. You took loving care of him until the end. I'm so proud of you for not using this huge pain as an excuse to drink. My cat, OG seems to be in her last days. I know it's going to be a rough patch for me.

Sending my best thoughts and love to you.

Lenina
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

So sorry for you loss, Least. There is nothing more heartbreaking than having to put down a beloved pet. My thoughts and prayers to you.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh, Least, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hugs and love to you!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Least, you are one strong woman. I have had to put nine of my fur babies to sleep in the past 20 years and never sober. I have a cat that is 16 and the inevitable parting terrifies me. Bless you for giving Nikko love and devotion. You will be together again, of that I have no doubt. After all, Dog is God spelled backwards! Your grattitude in the face of grief is inspiring.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

((Least)) I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know you gave Nikko excellent care and love from your heart. He loved you as much as you loved him. I'm sure of that! Cherish your memories, nothing can take those away. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Big Hugs :ghug3
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Least. Be sure to let Jack and Snoopy give you plenty of loving. I bet they miss Nikko too.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Nikko was very very lucky to have you as a guardian, S. Your solid recovery shines the brightest in the darkest of hours. Hugs to you, and sweet angel Nikko.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
a southern belle

Nikko died as he lived, with your devoted love beside him.

I'm sorry Least, I know this hurts terribly. Dogs are blessed who find their way to your heart.

Hugs ****originally posted by ann****

this is beautiful!!...and thanks to binder for reminding us of rainbow bridge...google it. these are all beautiful and loving words of compassion to one of use in heart-felt pain. bravo sober friends....we are amazing!!! thank you nikko...for bringing love and warmth to all of us today!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i strive to be the person that my dogs think i am

I have a pottery paperweight on my desk that says: "My goal in life is to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am." If I were even half the person my dogs think I am I'd be a saint.

Nikko is the black and white one with the white face and feet and green harness. Snoopy is the little beagle-boy lying next to Nikko

Poems In Praise of Dogs

My favorite poem is the last one on the left - Separate Lifetimes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry S. I know how you love your dogs. I am proud of you and I am sure Nikko is too....thank you for being with him to the end and being strong. Love, Jomey
Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
a southern belle

oh least....he is beautiful!!...and will always be! give extra love to his brothers...they miss him as much as you do. ps...i need that paper-weight!!...love and peace to you and your babies!!.....mags
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am so sorry you had to do your final duty again so soon Least. Nikko won the lottery with you and knows it now. He is so proud of everything he taught you in the time he had.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Least,
As I've told you personally, to do what you knew you had to do for Niko was love on an epic scale. To have the strength to bear through it and stay strong and committed is the best and highest testament and praise you can give Nikko. I am not a strong person when it comes to such things. There was certainly a/many reasons God brought Nikko to you if even only for a short time. Maybe one of the reasons God brought me to this forum when he did was to hear your story as an example of how I need/could to be strong not just for my little Sophie but for myself as well.

Since hearing about Nikko I have hardly let Sophie out of my hugging grasp. You, Nikko, Jack, Snoopy and Riley have been in my thoughts since I've read your first reply to me and even more so now. Those who are not "dog people" I don't think could ever understand what our pets mean to us. Being a "dog person" I do know and understand.

Stay strong for Jack, Snoopy and YOURSELF! :ghug3