Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of people do - it's a big part of why we have sites like these
I think it's important to be honest

D
Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SR is very supportive. If you need to talk about it, I think it's okay. People can navigate away if they don't want to participate.

If you have relapsed, I hope you feel like you can talk about it here. It seems to be that admitting it is a huge part of the problem. I've relapsed many times and if I don't get back on here and share my story (and support others) it is a vicious cycle.

The only control I have is to be honest about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Missy and Dee. I wasn't sure if I could talk about it but i feel safe here and feel that i can get the support I need to help me. I have gone 3 days w/o drugs and alcohol and am mad at myself for going right back to it. I've been going thru withdrawal since Tuesday night and was getting thru it. Now i gotta start all over again. I do this all the time.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

My drug was alcohol but I used to last about 3 days too.

The way out of that for me was to try and think about what else I could do to stay clean and sober.

What else can you do, Hollandrea?

D
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dee that is the hundred dollar question. What else can i do. Thank you for being honest and open with me cuz it gets me to open up more and I know will lead me in the right direction!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought of recovery groups like NA or SMART? or counselling? or inpatient or outpatient rehab?

You may find other ways too - those are some suggestions anyway

D
Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have thought about NA. Never heard of SMART. See I have a problem with social anxiety. So that is a problem with going to meetings like that. That is why I'm finding this site to be helpful. This doesn't get my social anxiety going as bad.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have relapsed A LOT of times. More than I care to count. The funniest one was where I quit for 24 hours. Then my drinking friend came over and found me drunk and said it's okay, everybody relapses. Laugh out loud! I don't think 24 hours even counts as quitting!

This time seems different for me. I hope it really is different. I don't really even want to go back to the life I was living drunk. It was pretty horrible. I am not ready to talk about it right now, but suffice it to say no sane person would choose that life over my sober life.

Most people probably could say the same, no sane person could choose a drunk life over a sober life, that is unless there wasn't any hope left in the sober life. I don't know, for me I think that's a big part of why I drank so heavily, because I had no hope left in the sober life and my self confidence was so low that I felt like there wasn't anything I could do to improve my circumstances.

Then I kept on drinking more and I just didn't care about changing my circumstances anymore. I really felt like a looser then. Now that I have a little more than a month sober I am starting to care about changing my circumstances again. That is a major improvement. Loosing that is like loosing my soul.

Sometimes they say, about relapse, at an aa meeting, "I just wasn't done drinking yet" when they tell about why they kept on relapsing. I can identify with that. Maybe you just aren't done drinking yet? I hate to think about the risk you would be taking by keeping on drinking or using, but maybe you just aren't tired of it yet? Seems kind of pointless to just keep on quitting and then starting again. Might as well enjoy drinking until you are finished with it. Still though, you would be taking a risk if you don't stop.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know I am done. It's the physical feeling, that withdrawal from the coke that calls me back.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't drink unless I'm using. So the alcohol is not a problem for me it's the darn coke.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How long do physical withdrawals from coke last?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Maybe a doc could prescribe you some klonopins and knock you out for a few days until the withdrawals are over?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Physical withdrawals are from 4 -7 days but they can be intense
Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've actually been taking my xanax but i had to do something in the evening today so i couldn't take it and that is what led me back to my problem