Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dado, Welcome to SR

I have no idea i'm afraid, I suggest calling your GP

AoS
Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Editor

Dado welcome. My poison was alcohol. I am not sure on oxycodone withdraw. I am sure someone will chime in here soon with similar experiences. I do know that You should seek medical advice from a Professional. Going through withdraw is nothing to play with and can be dangerous.
Prayers
Dave
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband is addicted to oxy. I can't give you medical advice other than to tell you find a Doctor asap. My husband has been going through this so I can tell you what HE has been dealing with. Major headaches, extreme fatigue and loss of energy. Bathroom problems big time. The first few days he was vomiting and really really sick, but after about day 4 that seems to have passed. He's on day 6 right now of cold turkey. Other than those things I can't really tell you, I haven't seem much of it first hand since he is staying at his Mom's house for the time being. He was going to a Doctor and getting Suboxeone and took that for about a week, but after we went to a therapist and talked it out he decided it was the best thing for him to go cold turkey. He did the suboxeone thing about a year and a half ago and did well for a long time, but he decided for himself that isn't the course to go after relapsing as well as the financial problems we are in because of his addiction. I hear that the mental effects such as mood swings and depression can last much longer than the physical effects so you probably should consider seeing someone, a professional, to help you get through this. Good luck with it, I wish you all the best in the world and hope you recover.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Dado

I've never withdrawn from Oxys either, so I have no personal experience to share.
Others will be along I'm sure

I think the Dr advice is good though - particularly if you're concerned.

We also have a substance abuse forum you may be interested in - you'll find more people there too who know what you're going through

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-10-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, please do talk to your dr.

I hope that you feel better soon.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hello, its been 5 days dr never returned calls i called about 15 needed referral, i wnt through something I have never experienced, chills fever nausea headache 3 days, muscle aches runny nose mood swings, i am on vimovo from my rhemy have not slept well for 3 days i was given zolpidem drank water and used a heating pad hot showers ate soup, you must eat something some raw veggies yogurt, I am better now still tired but I think the worst is over thank you all, I will never take this again I have chronic pain and will continue to pray for anyone on this awful drug and any opiate you have to be your own advocate, dr's do not seem to care I called one friday no answer today no call back, prayer and God and your family support were my only advocates, keep the faith! I was only taking 5 325 twice a day but for several years I hope I can get back to my old self I never new it would happen to me.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

My typical physical withdrawals from hydrocodone lasted about 3-4 days, after that it was purely psychological...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

I suggest throwing the words "attorney" and "lawyer" in when you call the doc.

Glad you're hanging in!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was hooked on opiates 10 years ago big time (up to 100mg per day of Hydro/Oxy for 6 months straight). My personal experience was about a week of feeling like I was going to die, even though I tapered down to just 10mg per day. Withdrawal from opiates you only feel like you're gonna die, from alcohol, you might actually die.

Stay strong.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

While I often used opiates to lessen the effects from hangovers and withdrawals from alcohol, I'd then use alcohol to lessen the effect of opiate withdrawals... what a vicious cycle!!!