Notices

Day 3

Old 11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

It's only day 3....I thank God for that, it seems like such a tiny step, but it's my best effort in 3 years. I feel good this am. I know I have a long way to go. I'm scared, because I am a bartender. Today I called a workout partner and made plans to meet at the gym, I've got tonight's plans in the works to keep me busy. The voices in my head are still there, keeping busy helps, and my most powerful tool......doing alot of praying.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day 3 CF...I hope day 4 will be easier

D
Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One day at a time, you can do it! Great work on the 3 days, keep it up!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be very proud of Day 3!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

3 days is not a tiny step - I remember those first few days and they were very difficult!
You have an upbeat attitude and a plan to stay busy - that's great! I hope reading and posting here will help with the anxiety you may be feeling.

You can do this, Cardinalfan - and we're with you on your journey. (Even us yankee fans)
Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's terrific news Cardinalfan!! You can do this and I'm just thrilled for you. Believe me its no tiny step. I remember my first three days...I couldn't even think of a gym. lol Good for you.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job Cardinal,

As Hevvyn said 3 days is no mean feat. Keeping busy is a very good idea. Reward yourself as well, you deserve it.

All the best
CaiHong
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I agree! I remember when if I could make it one day that would be huge! You know what the most awesome number of days are? Whatever today's number is. You hang in there or you will hangover. So long as you have today and don't stop, you have already succeeded.

Getting sober is like the stock market in a way. You don't lose money or make money until you sell. Until then it is nice to know but some people drive themselves nuts over it. But all you have to do is hang in there until you do want to cash in, and then it is over. Life is a lot like that and sobriety is holding on to your stock. See, you are the only blue chip you've got, don't sell yourself short.

3 days?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good job

Cardinal fan? Well nobodies perfect, but congratulations on the 3 days. Before you know it, it'll be 3 weeks, then 3 months, then 3 years....
I'm 1 year 4 months sober today, 59 days off crack today.
Everybody here is rootin for ya.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. My reward for myself is walking outside in the cool fall weather and going to the gym. Energy is on fire for some reason. Alcohol just really held us down in sooooo many ways. I enjoy everyone's posts, it is very helpful and makes me feel like I'm not totaly on my own. For today and tonight, Im good.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lor

2 days sober and also a bartender

today is my second day sober and i have also been a bartender for alot of yrs in fact my family owns a bar lol and theyre also a pack of crazy irish alcoholics although they will never admit it. i would never work in a bar that i couldnt drink in and got fired many times due to sneaking drinks hangovers and even coming in drunk but i could never admit y i was getting fired so i would make up excuses about the bar being dead and that iw asnt making any money so i quit but in reality i drank all the money i made away and in fact i did that wed then i woke up yesterday and said i will never let this happen again and thats how i wound up here talkin to u guys!!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome lor, you came to the right place.