Notices

back again and worst then ever :(

Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching View Post
...and god I hate the laying there not being able to sleep, the thinking of all the stupid **** you did...
Good on you, mate....move forward....

And, on the bright side, as long as you're laying there thinking of all the stupid **** you did, you're not out there doing stupid ****!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got medical help and seem to have made it through the physical detox. Now comes the hard work, staying sober and rebuilding your life. It can be done, many, many people on SR have done it.

So what's your plan?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

the worst thing right now is the look in her eyes, the lack of caring, Ive hurt her so bad over and over and this time Im afraid its it. she is letting me stay till Im better then I have to move out. she wants some time alone, says she cant stand to look at me right now. she is going out with friends tonight and I said I wouldn't wait up unless sex was on her mind and she just laughed and said not even in your wildest dreams. its really heard to think of my life without her but maybe it's time I let her go...
Old 11-12-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of us have had to deal with those kind of consequences searching.

The best thing you can do is give your partner what she wants and focus on getting sober and stay that way - that way, whatever ultimately happens with this relationship, you'll be best prepared for it

D
Old 11-12-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm afraid thats what I'm going to do at night, is just lay awake and think about it and crave it. This is my first day.....

My thoughts and prayers are with your recovery!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm sorry things are so troubled right now, searching. I have to agree with the others that without sobriety, our problems can only get worse. Maybe a little space will help both of you?

We're always here to support you....
Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((Searching)))

Hang in there, for your self and the good life that can be yours. Your precious son is always going to be your biggest joy in life, no matter what.

sending good thoughts and prayers,
chicory
Old 11-13-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hitting the depressed stage, supposed to be detoxing at home but drank a little already today, just dont see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore....
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't think you will or can see the light as long as you're still drinking...
Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
a southern belle

this is all very sad to read. sounds to me like you are just throwing your hands up in the air and letting your wife and child go. did you just throw out the meds you were given for detox....or are you taking them as well as your drink? very very sad.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Maybe you can do an outpatient detox. That worked for me in the past. They'll either give you Librium or Valium to take home but you gotta check in each day for a week i think.

When I was in my early 20's I was drinking at least a 1/5 of vodka a day for years on end. I thought my life was over and that there was no way out. I was broke with no job and I was buying booze with credit cards for a while. I got sober at 25 and still don't know how I survived this long (relapsed again at 27 and had jaundice). I'm 30 and i relapsed this summer after being sober for nearly 3 years. I had the sweats, shakes, nightmares and almost lost my girlfriend. I was losing my mind and ended up going to the see a doctor and took diazapam (valium) for about a week and I snapped out of it. I'm still depressed and life isn't all sunshine and flowers but as long as I'm sober I know I still have a chance in life. I don't mean to sound preachy, but I just hope you know that there are A LOT of people out there who know exactly how you feel.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

thanks Mungrylionman, its nice to know I'm not alone... Im doing outpatient but I dont think the klonopin is working for me, it helps but still have the chest pains till I have a sip of something. I have cut waaaaay back this weekend and I see my doc again tomorrow, maybe we can try something else, its nice to know we are not alone out there, and at least Im trying, day by day right, cant think about the past or the future just whats going on right now....
Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

you know what f&*k friends and family being tired of helping me, its been 3 times, Ive relapsed and now they are all done with me.. well screw them, I will do this myself and when Im done they can all kiss my ass....