Notices

New job anxiety

Old 11-08-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New job anxiety

I am up earlier than usual in order to start my new job today. I have been nothing but a "mommy" for 20 years so I'm very nervous. I'm worried because of my autoimmune disorder (which has me in constant pain) and my sick son who really needs me, but we need the money. So, I'm grateful someone actually hired me, grateful to be sober and wake up clear headed. This never would have been a possibility 3 months ago when I was still drinking. Now if I can get this anxiety under control...Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope it's a happy, sober one for all!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck on your first day. First day jiggers is normal and it's something not to worry about. Been out of work for 3 months and wish I was working again. Just be lucky that your working.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for getting sober and getting a job. That is a really big accomplishment, be proud of yourself. And AP is right it is perfectly normal to be nervous, just breathe and don't let yourself get overwhelmed. Focus on the task at hand. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Eliasson. Congratulations on your sober time and your new job Once you get there and begin working/learning I bet your anxiety will subside at least some! In my sobriety, I make lots of lists on what would make any given situation better. Work, personal, whatever. It helps me and makes me feel calmer and more competent to see it right there on paper. Best wishes to you and hope you have a great day
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best of luck on the new job! It's totally normal to be nervous on your first day. It keeps you on your toes and will help you learn what you need to. How great that you can start a new adventure with a clear head!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eliasson,

I think it is very normal to be nervous the first day at a new job. The first day of any job that I have ever had has been nerve-wracking. You will be fine!

On top of everything else you have to handle, you have got a job! That is a hero in my book!