Notices

Gbob

Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gbob

Ive been taking oxycodone 45-60 mg daily for several years. I want to detox. I just started splitting the dose in half and am in considerable pain. Pain where I never had pain before. Am I going to fast or is this how it should be. I don't have doc help cause she wanted me on methadone and I didn't want to do that. Please advise as how much and how often to decrease. I have fibromyalgia/cronic fatigue.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome Gbob. You are just not going to find any advice like that here. Detox can be very dangerous, and with the amount of oxycodone you have been taking for as long as you have, you will need to seek medical advice for a safe detox. Please do this.

Stick around SR. You will find a lot of support here. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gbob

I'm afraid we can't give you medical advice here, by our rules.
With accompanying conditions like fibro/CFS I think you really need professional advice anyway.

If you're not satisfied with your current Dr, can you get a second opinion from another Dr?

D
Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did go to another another doc. He said to just quite taking them and I would be fine. Then I went to alternative MD and he didn't want anything to do with it. Now I have an appt Wednesday with a PCP who does not give nacotics so I have no idea if she will help me. I figure ill just deal with the slower withdrawal but wasn't sure how slow to go and I only have ao many pills left.