Notices

Long break from booz

Old 11-05-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long break from booz

Hey all, im josh and im new to this,
my story starts from when i was 18 im 23 now, ive been drinking quite a bit since then but only in the past few months has it gotten worse, long story short about 3 weeks ago i was quite high on weed and had a panic attack(i smoke quite a bit) so i decided to quit so i did, but about 3 days later i started getting panic out of the blue so after work id have some drinks to calm me down, on the thursday i was in such a state not even booz helped and i ended up drinking all day no getting drunk until i passd out, i drank up until last monday when i had enough, i got the pain above my liver and i know that is a sign to stop, so ive stopped and havnt had a drink since last monday i thought is would be easy however ive been having panic attacks (which have been getting better) but still have anxiety, trouble sleeping along with horrible nightmares, but pysically i have been getting better colour in my face, but with a bit of lethargy and constipation how long can i expect this go on
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My anxiety usually subsides after only a few days of sobriety, a week max, but I also take medication for it. However, when I wasn't on medication, my anxiety would go on forever, regardless of whether I was drinking or not (drinking made it worse, of course, but sobriety alone did not make it disappear)
Maybe it's a good idea to speak to your Doctor about it, no need to go through this torture without help.
Also - in addition to quitting alcohol you might wanna lay off the weed as well since it is a majour anxiety trigger.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Josh

Welcome

A lot of us notice a correlation between booze and anxiety, especially when we quit.
A lot of us have the lethargy and nightmares and other stuff too.

Personally, I think seeing a Dr is a great suggestion as they can assess you personally

D
Old 11-05-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome Josh!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Josh101. You will find a lot of wonderful support and wisdom here. I agree with Dee and whenartdeparts, it's probably a good idea to speak with your doctor.