Notices

Hypocrite

Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hypocrite

The one thing i try not to be is a hypocrite be something fake, i always keep it real so i say.

the holidays are here i have a dozen nieces and nephews that are my world. family gathers omg already a bunch of commotion and they parties have not even started. a little history i come from a family of alcoholics. out of my whole family three have made clear of there addictions neither of the three are going because they are not comfortable with themselves and being in a room full of people drinking. so i spoke up suggesting a non alcholoic function omg did hell break loose. im hurt because i thought my family would have agreed and would be no problem for them i guess i was wrong.

but i thinl what is really bugging me is really me! as i briefly mentioned on previous post my oldestest brother went to rehab for meth. he would tell me then and now i need to get better clean or else he cannot be around me. have i stopped using sure here and there. am i currently using yes. im trying to stop but words are easier said than done.

so now u see why i say im afamily hypocrite ive turned into something i never thought i would be.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I think it's good that you know your family's position on drinking in the holidays. So, now you can make a decision as to what you want to do. If it was me, I'd hang out with the three people who are not going because they don't want to be around drinking. Start a new tradition and have a fun holiday get-together with those family members.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Anna said now you know the Xmas stuff is likely to be the usual alcohol-driven event, you can decide now what to do.

as for meth - like you said in your first post here 'the best part about life is tomorrow is a new day fresh start & another opportunity for me start fresh and clean.'

Have you using anything else besides SR for your recovery plan?

D
Old 11-18-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

You can stop & stay stopped! Next year have a sober dinner for the four of you...