Notices

Just in time or finaly admiting?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just in time or finaly admiting?

So first off this is quit new to me. not even the topic itself but web forums in general so ill admit right off the bat it feels a lil weird. Regardless thou im not one for needless chatter so ill cut to the point. Been playing with cocaine (Always snorting and pretty much never freebase with the VERY odd occasion) for ohh maybe 2-3 years now. was always that guy who could be at a party with everyone doing it yet have no desire to partake 99% of the time. For 2 years I probably touched the stuff maybe 3 times a year.. . granted really liked it but always managed to keep restraint untill latley. Had a great job for a while now and finaly got out of the debt hole i dug when i was younger. make great money, have all my bills including groceries and savings (banking almost 4k a month to buy a house) paid on time and in full every month, usually before the bills even arrive. but after a long talk with a friend tonight im realizing what used to be a casual party thing has gotten quite excessive. I always kinda told myself as long as all the bills are paid and rent is on time what you do with the remainder of your money is 100% your call and if what u decide to do with it does not effect your work then you should have no regret how you spend your free time. Not so sure I can agree with that anymore thou. what was once a random event has turned into pretty near nightly. its gotten so common that on friday. . did 2 grams all to myself messing on the computer.. . didnt goto bed until 3am and was up at 5am sat for work. felt just fine. got home saturday. . was a lil sleepy but after a shower and sum pizza was feeling right as rain and had another 2 grams all by myself again not going to bed until 3 or 4 am. woke up 5am on sunday, showered, went to work with no worries or feeling any bad effects. sunday night. . another g by myself. . bed at 2am. again up at 5am for work. now i sit here at my computer on monday night after another 2 gram run 100% by myself since my roomate wont touch it going on 12:30 feeling only midly stoned and debating if i should open another half before bed or just do the. . ohh id say 1/4 gram left on the table in a single fast rail to pick me up before i pass out. As i sat here going over all this in my head about doing 7g SOLO in a weekend the whole time getting up at 5am and feeling totaly a-ok I had a thought creep into my mind i had honestly never considered before tonight. . . I HAVE A COCAINE PROBLEM AND I SHOULD SEEK HELP. true i cant hide behind statments like " it doesnt effect my bills or my food the things im saving for. Yes I goto work every day and do a great job. Yes I walk my dog twice daily and give him all the attention he needs and most important NO its not effecting anyone else because with the exception too the friend i called when i realized this. . . NO ONE EVEN REALIZED I was even doing it. After thinking everything over i googled cocaine addiction and here I am. just curious what peoples thought are. . obviously im doing too much of the ****. . . but does the fact its not making a difference in my finances or goals me im not yet too far addicted to take quick and fast effective action? Or does it just mean im making too much ******* money to realize it dont matter if its not hurting the bank. . . I have a problem. any input or relative stories would be appreciated.

*** after looking over some of the other posts in this section im not sure if i posted it in the proper thread. if not pls admins feel free to move my post to where its more suited.

Last edited by Gilidarius; 11-01-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: seems like im in the wrong thread for this tpoic
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cocaine is not my DOC, alcohol was. You have stated that what was once an occasional thing has become pretty much a nightly thing. My alcohol use was progressive too, and it got to the point where at the end the consequences to my physical and mental health were not worth it. Cocaine abuse is dangerous and can seriously affect your health. There is a substance abuse forum here on SR, you might want to check out that section too. Welcome to SR you will find a lot of great support and advice here.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gildarius
Welcome

I'm pretty much of the belief if you think it's a problem, then it is.

Addiction doesn't care how much money you have in the bank, what a kickass job you have or how good a car you drive.

I'm not too familiar with coke, but I know like all addictions it is progressive and you certainly seem to be ramping up your use...

Also, as with all addictions, sooner or later it's a certainty you will lose whatever functionality you have - I think you'd be wise to think about stopping now....earlier is always better in my experience.

You're fine to post here - others with more experience with coke will chime in I'm sure - but you might also like to check out our substance abuse board as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D