Notices

Who spent Halloween weekend sober?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

Sober Halloween parties rock!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Me!! And it didn't bother me at all that other people were drinking this weekend. Well, except for Friday night when it was just me and my husband. That was hard. I wanted to sit down and relax with him. But, i found out that it's actually *easier* for me to not drink when we have friends over and they are all drinking. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because I'm much more entertained by everyone and I don't think about "relaxing" or vegging out. It's nice to know
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Me too.....I ate way to much candy, but that is a whole other story...groannnnn...
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

me! congrats to everyone else who did too!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I did,

It was spooktacular.

I've just been playing virtual soccer and reading and on the Bundaberg again mawahaha.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was sober for 3 weeks now. Going to stay sober for I hope 6 months. Which is my goal now.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

<---------- Sober here! Had a great time going to the football game and watching my Huskies beat Arizona Saturday night! Coming up on 6 weeks sober
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Its a move in the right direction, so many years of your life to create real and true memories... authentically yours not Mr alcohol
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I did I did. Hurray for us!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Drink tea

Me too. I spent part of the evening in a pub (enjoying orange juice) someone even gave me a beer which I passed on to someone else. 11 days now!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Afloat View Post
Me too. I spent part of the evening in a pub (enjoying orange juice) someone even gave me a beer which I passed on to someone else. 11 days now!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I was sober for 3 weeks now. Going to stay sober for I hope 6 months. Which is my goal now.
You'll make it ACTION. I am a fan of yours!:ghug3
Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Me! Did a little battle with my brain...But I won! Funny, how the brain tries to trick us into thinking we can have just one more drink! To all who struggled staying sober but did, Congradulations! Keep on, Keeping on!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Me too, sober as can be and I actually had a blast! Costume party (which was a little boring) and then out to see a great band. It was my first time being out late in a bar with a bunch of drunk people since getting sober, and needless to say, it solidified my choice! It was great to enjoy the music, talk to people without worrying what I'll say or do, be able to drive us home safely and remember it all the next morning!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

My FIRST sober Halloween in a VERY long time (since I was about 16). It was pretty fun, and very tiring, but very worth it. :o)
Old 11-01-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats to all whho made it thru Halloween, next up..... Thanksgiving,
BB
Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I had an awesome sober Halloween trick or treating with my son, his dad (my ex), his girlfriend, her daughter, her daughter's dad (my ex's girlfriend's ex), and friends. A civil and FUN gathering with these people would never be possible without sobriety and an awesome program turning me into the person I was meant to be. Congrats to everyone.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

[B]Yeah I never drank this past weekend. To be honest I never drank because of Halloween, even when I started drinking I didn't find it neccessary to drink on Halloween. I did however drink the day after Halloween because it being my birthday a day after. Well I mean I use to do that lol. I don't drink on my birthdays anymore, besides... I'd get so plastered I couldn't even remember my birthday parties... Only up to the moment of having the first round that night then I'd never remember anything. Luckily I was a happy mellow and not loud drunk. well.... before I started over doing it of course. lol. Congratulations on a week however Keep it up though you'll find things better as time goes on if you continue to stay sober. Today I am celebrating my 27th birthday sober. No troubles, no worries. I've been sober for my birthday a couple of times by far. It really is a good feeling to be able to celebrate things sober however, Halloween, birthdays, christmas and new years eve. I look forward to New Years Eve because my New years Resolution will be to never pick up a drink that night. I go by one day at a time even though I do strive to stay sober this upcoming 2012. So good luck and may the force be with you. keep in touch!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sara23 View Post
I did!! Grant it I have been sick for the past couple of days but honestly in the past that never stoped me from going out and having some drinks with my friends. Not this year! I am determined to continue on my path to health and less drinking and I can honestly say that I have not had a drink since my birthday last weekend. 7 days strong
I was sober as well & had a great Halloween.

Not to take away from the party but something jumped out at me from your post. Is your goal still "less drinking" I just wanted to point out to you that you wrote that.

Sometimes our addictions speak through us, not sure if that was intentional or if you still had plans of moderating. From your first post here I don't think moderation is going to be the way to go. I also suffered from really bad anxiety & panic attacks which was also 10 times worse with a hangover.

Please take care & I wish you all of the best in your recovery. Here is your first post as a friendly reminder of where you were. All of the best

Cheers NB

Originally Posted by Sara23 View Post
Greetings all. Im about to turn 27 and up to this point have never considdered myself as someone who had a drinking problem. I have always liked drinking and thought it was normal to drink as much as I did but lately it has really been weighing on my mind that maybe I do in fact have a problem. I dont drink everyday, but when I do I just take it to far. One glass of wine turns into one bottle. A night of partying turns into a night of blacking out. Sometimes I say and do things that are just plain stupid that I would never say or do sober. I suffer from really bad anxiety and to be honest I thought drinking helped my anxiety. But lately the next morning when I am hungover my anxiety is 10 times worse!! I dont want to live like this anymore. I dont want to hurt people I care about and hurt myself and I just want to feel better. I hate admitting this but I do think I have a bit of a problem and this is my first step to recovery. Hopefully this will help!