Notices

I am getting worried....

Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One more thing! I, too, tend to get overwhelmed and have a hard time getting started on or finishing tasks. I found a great app for my iPhone called "home routines". It helps list and organize tasks and when u complete one you check it off and at the end of the day it's very rewarding to see all the check marks. I've even added "taking a shower" and check that off everyday. Or attending a meeting. Sounds like Kindergarden stuff but it has really made a difference for me and I'm getting a lot more done and it helps structure my days and boost my feelings of self worth. Just a suggestion! Hugs!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sorry I missed this earlier, Sissy. Everyone's said great stuff already. It's true - you will have many ups & downs as you heal from all you've been through. For those first few months I was flying high one day, very tearful the next. It all evened out, though. I don't have the rollercoaster thing anymore. We are learning to live again in a whole new way.

I agree that you shouldn't overwhelm yourself with a huge 'to do' list. I know you're trying to make up for lost time - but just do a little something each day. Don't pressure yourself. You are doing great. It'll keep getting better, Sissy. Promise.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Eliasson and Hevyn (the thanks button doesn't like me today). I appreciate the time and effort that all have taken to answer my post. It makes me feel better to know that you all care enough to help me. Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Sissy,

I absolutely hate those feelings you describe. I am 5 months sober and I have really noticed those feelings are diminishing. I am not sure why. I made it to a meeting last week and I feel the benefit of that. I am up early this morning and will make 2 meetings today. A women's meeting and a beginner's meeting.
I think you need the support of sober friends. Look how much it bucked you up getting messages from concerned , supportive members of this website.

All the best Sissy
CaiHong
Old 10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Cai Hong. I know I need to go to a meeting, and I am getting so desperate to get out of this funk that I am planning to do just that. Thanks for your post.