SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My new beginning (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/239600-my-new-beginning.html)

Skeeterskat 10-26-2011 07:22 PM

My new beginning

It wasn't a single incident that caused me to have a revelation in me wanting to be sober. I think it was a lot of little things that caused my awakening 3 days ago. I hope my inability to sleep soon changes for the better. The important thing is I'm finally wanting to change my life. Thanks for this opportunity to share

neferkamichael 10-26-2011 07:37 PM

keep up the good work

Me to skeeter, the reason I've made it 44 days is because I wanted to change my life. Sorta on an emotional roller coaster right now but I believe things will get better. HAng in there. :c011:

Tippingpoint 10-26-2011 07:47 PM

I had the same sort of awakening back in June and I am still here!

There are a lot of great people here. Read a lot, post a lot!

Great work on your 3 days...it does get easier.

Dee74 10-26-2011 08:35 PM

Welcome to SR Skeeterskat :)

D

artsoul 10-26-2011 08:41 PM

Welcome Skeeterskat - congratulations on making a decision to get sober!

Drinking became a vicious cycle for me, too. I started reading here and finally decided to quit. This forum helped me get through the early days and I couldn't be happier that I'm sober today.

Take it one day at a time and get all the support you can!:grouphug:

eJoshua 10-26-2011 10:31 PM

Welcome to SR!

I'm so happy that you found us.

Skeeterskat 10-27-2011 05:08 AM

Thank you for the Encouragement. It is much needed and very much appreciative.

ArgentOfSilvae 10-27-2011 05:46 AM

Welcome to SR SkeeterSkat,

The people here are truly welcoming and helpful, great folks,

Congrats on the 3 days,

AoS

least 10-27-2011 05:50 AM

Welcome to the family.:) Your sleep patterns will stabilize but it takes some time. It took me a month or two before I was sleeping 'right' but now after almost two years I sleep better than I have in a long time.

It will help if you are eating a healthy diet, vitamins can help to repair the alcohol damage to your system, and rest if you can't sleep. If after a couple months your sleeping isn't better, see your doctor.

peaceful1 10-27-2011 05:53 AM

Yes, that's huge. Wanting to change is the first step toward a new life for you. Sometimes it can take years to really want to make a change, and for some the desire to make a change never comes....I believe it's a gift from God.

Skeeterskat 10-27-2011 06:28 PM

Very good advice from all. I hope my sleep pattern gets better. If not, I will take you up on seeing a doctor. I told my wife I was going to stop drinking , but in her eyes I know she doesn't believe me yet, and i cant blame her. I wasnt going to tell her, but this time seems different... It's nice to put down my thoughts here without judgement. Thank you.

debsam 10-27-2011 06:45 PM

Welcome Skeeterskat :)

For now it's most important that YOU believe it - work on that my friend and the rest will come...keep reading and posting. This site is KEY to helping me in my journey and truly living and feeling WELL.

The sleep does get better - like you said, maybe talk to your Doc.

We're all behind you!

Zebra1275 10-27-2011 07:03 PM

Welcome to SR!

Skeeterskat 10-28-2011 05:19 PM

Made it through the work week without a beer. Now it's Friday and am watching the base ball game. The craving is aweful. I'm trying to drink water. I'm trying not to think about it.

Skeeterskat 10-28-2011 05:20 PM

I would have had 6 by now of my case

Anna 10-28-2011 06:18 PM

You can get through this evening, and next time it will be a bit easier. :)

debsam 10-28-2011 07:41 PM

Hang in there - remember you "finally want to change your life"..that is now.

You can do it!!!

heathersweeds 10-28-2011 07:56 PM

Welcome!! You have made the best decision ever!!

Skeeterskat 10-28-2011 08:41 PM

I did it! Watched the World Series sober. To top it off my dad called me on the phone to celebrate the game. Havent talked to him in a month. Normally, I would have not answered the phone due to the shape I was in. Thank you for the strength and bringing faith closer into my life.

BoozeFree 10-28-2011 08:44 PM

Welcome to SR. you'll find lots of great support here, Congrats on the 3days!