Notices

Amy Winehouse

Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Amy Winehouse

Hi ....Day 7.....I'm scared....My drug of choice is VODKA......

Amy Winehouse died as the unintended consequence of drinking too much alcohol..........VODKA.....was reported today..

Praying......(no more relapse)

I too drink tooooo much VODKA!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Shygirl - just keep at your sobriety - we can't change the past but you have given your body 7 beautiful days of healing!!! Congrats!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please don't be Amy.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Shygirl! Welcome! The best thing that can come from the tragedy of Amy's death is that people will realize how awful alcohol is.

You can do this and have a wonderful life.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amy had been trying to wean herself from alcohol, it seems like reduced tolerance and a sudden binge may have done this. I know it all too well... this could have happened several times to me. I had some close calls throughout my drinking career, but I had some terrible binges after periods of abstinence (once I started, that could be it, worse than ever) and that was also running a risk. I am now 2 years alcohol free and doing fine, but there except for the grace of God go I. I hope it increases awareness of alcohol as a toxic drug.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A real tragedy and Amy joined the 27 club with Jimi , Janis and Jim and a few others.

Detoxing and relapse are dangerous and reverse tolerance can happen with alcohol. Sounds like Amy's doctor actually tried to do the right things versus other high profile docs of celebrities. Doctors can't live their patients lives for the.

This stuff is progressive and deadly. Work a plan Shygirl and keep trying. Its not easy but you are worth all the effort you can find and of course support from SR and lots of other places in your community.

Oh and my poison of choice , the dreaded v-devil as well
Old 10-26-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's scary Shygirl but relapses don't just happen - I believe we really do have a say in what happens to us

Keep working hard with whatever your chosen method is, keep reaching out, and never be afraid or ashamed to ask for support and help when you need it.

It really is true we never have to drink again

D