Notices

New here

Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoundmySelf View Post
Hi Munchkin, it is so good to have you here at SR. You have found a great and wonderful place. As a full time Mom with a husband who works long and hard hours I know just how hard it is to make those meetings. Like ejoshua said many meetings do start after 8pm so maybe check in to that. Another thing is have you thought about getting a baby sitter? Asking a friend to lend a hand? If you want to get sober and get to that meeting you will find a way to do just that. Sometimes we have to dig really deep to find the answer. For me at first I was terrified and I couldn't go for many of the same reasons you listed as well... when in reality... I was just afraid to go... So make the commitment to yourself and to your son... find someone to care for your children so you can care for yourself... the healthier you are.. the better off you will be not only for yourself.. but for your whole family (((hug)))
We've been meaning to start finding a babysitter since we're new here but just haven't gotten around to it (and partly we couldn't afford it earlier, especially after doing a massive move from Alaska to Maryland)
How long do meetings typically last?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

munchkin - It's wonderful to have you here with us. SR helped me get sober and stay that way, after drinking my whole life. The encouragement and hope I found here was amazing. Everyone understood what I was going through. It was such a comforting feeling to not be alone anymore.

Are you anywhere near Ocean City? I'll babysit....
Old 10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Munchkin,

I think it is so important you get support, the gym thing won't really cut it for long.

Is there a support group of young mothers that swap babysitting time with each other?

I really believe that if we want something bad enough we will find a way.

I do understand you wanting to just take time out to heal yourself and then come home stonger.

You can do it .

All the best
CaiHong
Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome munchkin!

It's not easy to come to terms with our drinking, but you took a big step today.... Reaching out for support here started my sober journey and I couldn't be more grateful.

If we can do it, so can you!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
munchkin - It's wonderful to have you here with us. SR helped me get sober and stay that way, after drinking my whole life. The encouragement and hope I found here was amazing. Everyone understood what I was going through. It was such a comforting feeling to not be alone anymore.

Are you anywhere near Ocean City? I'll babysit....
Nah, Ocean City is about a 2 hour drive for me. LOL
I live near Baltimore.

We do have neighbors nearby but they either smoke, swear like a sailor, encourage beating other kids up, etc. AKA military brats. Yes, we're military but we don't raise our son like that. Just watching them gives me the willies!

Had a talk to hubby last night and he seemed like he might be able to help out but I'm nervous about relying on him. I've tried relying on him to come to doctor appts, dentist appts for our son, coming home in time for this or that scheduled appt and in the past he usually can't come through due to work.
I told him that if he manages to stick to his word for a full month then I'll start relying on him again.