Notices

3 Weeks and the old devil stirs

Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Weeks and the old devil stirs

Baffling and cunning indeed ... sober for 21 days and doing well ... although (I am on another trip) and went for dinner and out of the blue I caught myself staring at a Smirnoff bottle (my poison of old) and 'remembering' that familiar burn when the first drink went down ... I called for the check and left . Good and bad I suppose I recognized the danger and did something about it, Bad that this is the first temptation I have had ... I know it doesn't make sense, just goes to show ... 'protect yourself at all times'. Am fine now, in my room with chocolate (my latest vice) with no desire to drink.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 21 days, I’ve just reached 8 months and I still get caught with those thoughts but there not as strong, be proud because it’s what we do about the thoughts, I find it pretty easy now to dismiss them but it was harder in the early days but possible.

Chocolate sounds pretty good!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Holdfold,

Nearly 5 months sober and lately my cravings are getting stronger. I need to do something about it. I had 2 cups of cocoa last night and watched a crappy comedy.
Hangover 11. Which had only 2 decent jokes, the one about an albino polar bear and the wedding speech.
Excessive drinking is not funny, did I ever think it was?

CaiHong
Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job HF! I havent had a glimpse of a vodka bottle since I quit 3 weeks ago. I hope I handle it as well as you..