Notices

please help son addicted to opiates Herion and doin in rehb

Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please help son addicted to opiates Herion and doin in rehb

where is my God, my son is in rehab for Herion. the flags are raised that he is getting the s$%# there in rehab. Is this possible? OMG Please help
Old 10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you're saying you suspect he is getting heroin while in rehab, yes, it's possible. What is your proof? How old is your son? If he's an adult, there's not much you can do except report your suspicions to the rehab personnel.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

God bless for replying. He is 22 YO he is a 1st timer in rehab because we, his parents forced it. he asked for money to get something from the vending machines. There is no vending machines there. Please help can these addicts get dope in rehab.?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't give him any money. He already has everything he needs there. Again, what proof do you have that he is getting heroin in rehab? Take your proof and inform the rehab personnel. Other than that, I don't know what else you can do.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really appreciate your replies. Thank you. We are so sad. We re so unsure of what to do. We do have calls in to the staff.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get some answers from the staff dkimer
Welcome to SR

D
Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your sadness and wish you luck and your son strength in recovering from his addiction. I don't know if he can get drugs while in rehab (I haven't been to rehab) but hopefully the staff have better answers for you. Best wishes to you and your son.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you sooooo much for replies. We are praying that this can not be happening but it doesn't seem right.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

When I was in rehab I never saw drugs but there were plenty of people kicked out for using during their stay. So, yes, it is possible to get drugs in rehab. Unless of course, it's some sort of lock-down type of place. The place I went was not a lock-down.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

1st,, why do you think, he is on heroin in rehab?? Did you visit him? Was it his talk with you over the phone?? I have been to a couple rehabs. There are vending machines. But they dont HAVE to use them
Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Did the staff doctor substitute another drug? Don't give him money. He's an adult. Please find a tough love group or al anon.
Prayers to you,
Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yes many rehabs have vending machines. The food is usually not very good and most folks get a few bucks for snacks. The rehab I went to had a Sat. night movie night (if we were good) and most people put in $5 to buy the pizza. If it's a locked down rehab it's not likely he is able to get drugs in there although it is possible. Most rehabs the patients are watched like hawks.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughts and replies. He currently is not taken any susbstitute drugs. We have seen him once during the only visting hours allowed and we were pleased with his responses and demeanor. He asked for money to use in the vending machines. we spoke to the counsler there who advised us that there are no vending machines. Waiting on a call from the staff now. Praying were wrong but .....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

dkimer,
I'm 27 y/o and just got out of inpatient treatment (rehab) on the 15th after a 2wk stay (My mom and I got me there - longer story for another time).

I'd like to share a bit of my experience with you to hopefully give you some more perspective.

Upon entry, I was told to change into a hospital gown while my belongings and clothes were searched. This happened to everyone coming in. No visitors except for 2 hours on Sundays - and the visitors had to turn their pockets inside out before coming in, and anything they were carrying had to be searched.

Nonetheless, in my time there, three people were kicked out for using (like you said, flags were raised, and UA's were taken, and each person vanished the next day), and of the 30 or so people there, probably 15 were scolded more than once for smoking or having ciggs or a lighter (non-smoking facility within a hospital). Oh, and one girl had a visitor bring here a stuffed animal where it was discovered that some ciggs had been hidden in the animal's clothing.

There were only a few people there like me - people who were serious about their sobriety. Everyone else, regardless of their age (we had one 19 y/o, a bunch of us in our 20's, and a handful of 30+) engaged in some form of drama or another - nitpicking, gossiping, complaining, just generally acting like they were stuck in an enclosed junior high.
Luckilly, you got your own room w/only 1 roommate, and there was a cafeteria w/one TV and some board games, the daily newspaper, and a bookshelf. If you felt like keeping to yourself, there would be nothing stopping you from focusing on YOU.

We were often asked by the counselors if the daily drama seemed to be effecting our own recovery. I had to say that it certainly didn't help matters, but it was easy enough to ignore.

I get the feeling your son might be in a similar environment.
If that's the case, I encourage you to get him to remember that he's actually 22, not 12, and that rehab is for his all-around well-being to help him be a man, not a slave to a substance.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenJen View Post
dkimer,
I'm 27 y/o and just got out of inpatient treatment (rehab) on the 15th after a 2wk stay (My mom and I got me there - longer story for another time).

I'd like to share a bit of my experience with you to hopefully give you some more perspective.

Upon entry, I was told to change into a hospital gown while my belongings and clothes were searched. This happened to everyone coming in. No visitors except for 2 hours on Sundays - and the visitors had to turn their pockets inside out before coming in, and anything they were carrying had to be searched.

Nonetheless, in my time there, three people were kicked out for using (like you said, flags were raised, and UA's were taken, and each person vanished the next day), and of the 30 or so people there, probably 15 were scolded more than once for smoking or having ciggs or a lighter (non-smoking facility within a hospital). Oh, and one girl had a visitor bring here a stuffed animal where it was discovered that some ciggs had been hidden in the animal's clothing.

There were only a few people there like me - people who were serious about their sobriety. Everyone else, regardless of their age (we had one 19 y/o, a bunch of us in our 20's, and a handful of 30+) engaged in some form of drama or another - nitpicking, gossiping, complaining, just generally acting like they were stuck in an enclosed junior high.
Luckilly, you got your own room w/only 1 roommate, and there was a cafeteria w/one TV and some board games, the daily newspaper, and a bookshelf. If you felt like keeping to yourself, there would be nothing stopping you from focusing on YOU.

We were often asked by the counselors if the daily drama seemed to be effecting our own recovery. I had to say that it certainly didn't help matters, but it was easy enough to ignore.

I get the feeling your son might be in a similar environment.
If that's the case, I encourage you to get him to remember that he's actually 22, not 12, and that rehab is for his all-around well-being to help him be a man, not a slave to a substance.
What a great answer, respect to you.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ZenJen, Thanks appreciate the great feedback. Hope all is continuing to go well for you.