Notices

Thanks

Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks

Hello, I wanted to stop by and say thanks to the people on this forum! A while back I was taking 3 to 4 times my prescribed amount of Hydrocodone and my wonderful wife kicked me in the rear.

I posted a couple of times and was advised to talk to my doc and go from there. I followed that advise, boy was it nerve racking, but i found out that it was the best thing to do. The dr actually understood and got me on a plan to get back to the prescribed dose. I wanted to get off them totally, but we have to treat the pain 1st so i dont continue triggering (or use as an excuse) and start taking them again and again.

I have had 4 epidural steroid injections for my disks (which helped but havent stoped the pain totally. Now we got to go to the next step, hopefully not surgury) so I've surrendered total control of my meds to my lovely wife. She locks them in a safe and dispenses them to me so i dont have the temptation to take extra doses.

I am currently looking into seeing a Psychologist to get treatment for my drug/acholic tendecies.

Thanks again and sorry i ranted too long.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go, cruzan!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Did the doctor explain the tolerance that occurs with the drug? Please call doctor and discuss. (it's the nature of the drug)

Best wishes
Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome neighbor.