Notices

Rehab Counsler advises me to drink???

Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I wish you the best of luck! You just have to be careful, detox safely and you will be ok! Believe in yourself, you have to...
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
I am commited now, I refuse to give up. Just hard to picture not having a beer in my hand at all times, except for at work.
In the end, I wanted to quit so bad I would have done anything. Let me be completely honest. Detox is very very scary and dangerous for a lot of people. I managed mine cold turkey. One of my detox's I was shaking so bad and and my BP was so high that I thought I was going to die. I called 911. The last detox I had I actually had hallucinations and a few seizures in my sleep. I am 5'7 and 146 pounds. I could always drink most men under the table. I was a vodka drunk. I do have to say for being a woman and being as tiny as you are, that is a TREMENDOUS amount of alcohol. First, I would talk to your physician about everything the counselor said. I am not quite sure what kind of medical degree counselors have. Taking any kind of medical advice on here can be very dangerous for you. Not sure continuing drinking is the best idea but going cold turkey without medication or anything is even more dangerous. Detox is scary but believe me when I tell you, being sober is so much better. And I was the party girl. Now I have 3.5 months and I would no sooner have a drink of alcohol then I would put a loaded gun to my head or drink a bottle of drano. To me, it would have the same effect. Death. Maybe slowly, maybe quickly. Your a beautiful girl. Life has so much more for you then this. Be safe
Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Please give the Salvation Army number that Anna posted a call.

They have Detox and a great Rehab program that is FREE. You should not have to wait, however, please do NOT do COLD TURKEY on your own. As said above, Detox can be DEADLY. If you would like a glimpse at how deadly, here is my story:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-my-story.html

I was given a 'second chance' and many are not.

Please stick close and keep posting, we are here for you and we do care.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
~sb

Ask that counselor if a medical professional suggested to continue to drink. That counselor represents the facility they work for.