Notices

impressive percentage!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

impressive percentage!

Ive just been through this years calender i have hung up in the kitchen, since the 1st of jan i have been marking on it my sober days.... and in the 293 days weve already had this year so far ive been sober for 273 of them, so only on 20 days in 2011 have i had a drink.... thats 93.1% sober.
Even tho ive just had a slip before my 100th day and im back on day 3 again... i feel great after working that out, i know and so do all my family and friends that i have a very serious and dangerous problem which would of killed me for sure. im 30 in one weeks time and if i hadnt of stopped and had the help an support i did then i dont think i would of seen next week.

Thankyou all, hope everyone is feeling positive today too
Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Congrats! Hope you stick with it.
I like thinking about that as well. Although I've only had about 3 months worth of sober days this year, that's still better than I have done in over 10 years. Feeling better every day.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Fletch2468 View Post
... so far ive been sober for 273 of them, so only on 20 days in 2011 have i had a drink.... thats 93.1% sober.
I used to think I was making progress in my early days of recovery because I was only only drinking every second or third weekend. However, when I did drink, I drank faster and for more hours than ever before.

What it ended up doing for me in the long run was to condition my body to drink like a once a month binge drinker. Even at that rate my total alcohol intake was increasing. I got to where I could consume five 5ths in a weekend.
The hangovers and DT's grew worse after each session.

Remember, alcohol-ISM is a progressive disease. If you let it stay in your life long enough, it will just morph into something more insidious and fool you into thinking you have it under control.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on your PROGRESS....i am betting that your % improves in the coming months and you will do even better for the next year.