Notices

3 months down the drain

Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fletch - maybe that's just what you needed. That one last time - to prove that you can't touch the stuff. That's what happened to me after my last binge. Something was different, and I was finally ready.

You can do this, and never have to go back to that old, sick way of life again. We believe in you, and know you can make it last this time.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fletch,

The important thing is that you are still willing to continue to get sober that is where the real strength lies. I was thinking the other night if I relapsed would I have the strength to start over again.

Power to you Fletch
CaiHong
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is the info on AA sponsorship and it's often on the free literature rack in meetings.....

Alcoholics Anonymous : Pamphlets

I too returned to drinking...and I was going to AA meetings.
Not until I began doing the Steps....did I find solid recovery...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello Fletch,

I'm sorry for your relapse, but glad you came back. Your post really woke me up tonight, I'll have 97 days tomorrow, but have been struggling with my sobriety due to suffering from anxiety and feeling like my brain is a hamster wheel constantly running. I can hardly sleep at times, so I have also thought to myself just maybe 1 or 2 will be okay, but I know that's BS.
Anyways Thanks again for waking me up because I know if I have 1 or 2, I'll just end up drinking 20-25 beers a day again for days on end.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey PaulG please stick with it mate, use my post to help get you too and past your 100 days its more than worth it. i was struggling and should of asked for help but didnt and it got me back here at day 3, oh well onwards and upwards.

Ive got my home group meeting on friday so am going to go and share and ask about a sponsor, hopefully i will be approched after the meeting and i can start working through the steps with someone.

Thanks everyone