Notices

Promotion lost and so am I.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

If you can't risk losing your job, then what the heck are you doing?

It is time for you to make a plan about your future use of alcohol. What is it going to be?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That sounded a little cranky, even to me, sorry Dominica2. What I wish I had said instead was, you must convince yourself that you will do this not because you have to, but because you can do this. Once that part is settled, all you need to do is figure out how, and there are lots of ideas around here.

Your instincts are right, now is the right time to stop. Keep posting.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Girlfriend is going to have one really clean house tonight!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

((((Dominca))))),

I feel your pain. I have lost jobs due to my drinking...not fired, but quit before they could fire me. If they offer you rehab, take it. Not just to save your job, but to save you life. I also had a 6 year old and I was in great danger of losing her either by my husband taking her from me, or by me dying from drinking.

Sounds like you might have to wait awhile to get the rehab approved...in the mean time, maybe you could see a doctor for help? If you are trying to detox from alcohol especially.

I know it's really hard. Alcohol has a terrible, terrifying grip. Take it one breath at a time.

I hope you made it to a meeting tonight. I suggest you get some phone numbers from people at the meeting and call them.

We've been there. That's why were here.

Hang in there D. You can do this.

fragileflower
Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You can do it. You have to do it. You have a life-threatening disease called alcoholism. If you had cancer, wouldn't you get treatment?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

for me it was a process. i went to rehab twice (was in 3 but a long story) also have a 6 year old (son) and like you am into fitness, take care of myself, held down the job, was a single mom, a nice apartment, my son was always nicely dressed and groomed as was I, had a nice car, great boyfriends, yet drinking two botlles of wine nightly, even still going to work, the gym, playdates, then met a wonderful man, etc etc, well you know what? it escalates, your body deteriorates, it just does, sooner or later, mine is now it took me 12 years, 12!!! I NEVER THOUGHT it would come to this, yikes, but it has, and I still have a lot, my man, my son, my home, my looks, my family, my faculties (for the most part liver is not so great) but my dear, I hope so much you can do it sooner than me cuz I had to not just go down kicking and screaming, that woulda been too easy, I'm going in beaten down with a whimper My best to you<3
Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Go to rehab! Save yourself, don't worry about what "might" happen. This is about saving your life! If your job is offering it, do it. Things can get better for you and your daughter, you just have to make the choice. Don't let alcoholism continue to take you...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Carly is right. The last place I really wanna be is this rehab I'm going to Monday, trust me, but it's gotten to the point where I'm grateful it's there...and the world won't fall apart for 4 weeks w/o you...even if you end up losing your job, or whatever, it's better than say, dying, getting a DUI, going to jail, etc. I was checking in to see if you posted again, I hope your house is sparkling and not the inside of beer cans, but it is what it is, I'm where I don't have a choice but wait to get in or suffer serious withdrawal. If you can stop, try. You WILL feel soooo much better!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks for all of the support. I have to beat this disease, not only for myself, but for my family. Im sick of being exhausted in the morning, not focused at work, and taking my frustration out on my family. I can do this, because it is the right thing to do, for everyone around me and for myself.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Take the rehab,, and dont srew around with it,, i wwas offered and went,, just didnt quit,, I thought i could handle it.. I was so wrong. Im telling you from first hand expierience, I went to rehab, didnt quit and got fired. I supported my wife and two kids. Now i am sober and so badly wish I could turn back time. I was in the middle of a whirlwind binge and couldnt stop. I mean, I was so pissed that I had to go to rehab, as soon as I got out I drank, It is not bad to stop drinking believe me. I partied like crazy for 20 years and have been sober since may 15.. Why the one month for approval?? Sounds strange. Anyway,, I was exactly where you were. Dont do what I did. It only gets worse (and I didnt believe that either!)
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Well, Going to a womens meeting tonight! Excited!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Great!!! Things are looking up for you - you are taking action, and that is inspiring!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Dominica2! I'm rooting for ya . Keep us updated.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just curious how your meeting was on Wednesday night ( I think you were going to one at 8?) and how the womans meeting was last night, and if your anxiety has subsided? I hope you are having a better day, and I hope you have a safe and sober weekend!