Notices

2nd day sober

Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd day sober

Im new, this is second day sober. It would have been over a week but i slipped up couple days ago. I have slight shaking and very forgetful, I will get up to do something and get distracted by something else and forget why i originally got up. I locked my keys in my car, locksmith cost me 80 dollars, im running out of money, lost job and denied unemployment. Im by myself, and no family to emotionally support me, financially they do, they are keeping roof over head. Family is a trigger. I have huge trust issues and because of the lack of friends and family in my lifeI become so desperate for company that i break down and hang out with people that are no good for me and im just entertainment for them and visa versa, no trust or bond there. i think i spelled visa versa wrong. Thats a trigger. i dont want to be around people anymore although its killing me in all sorts of ways so i drink to fill the void. Today has been terrible and yesterday too. Im in terrible haze from getting on new medications and coming off alcohol cold turkey. I cant complete a thought and i cannot carry on a conversation with people when i try. I see it in there eyes that they know somethings not right. I know it is the beginning of withdrawl. Back and arms and neck get hot and i grind teeth. Hope this is a reminder and reason to never go back. I feel like im up against a giant. I am trying AA, and i hope when all the alcohol is out of system the new meds will work better.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gettingup
Welcome

I think it's a good idea to see a Dr if you feel bad. If you have no money the ER is always an option or maybe look for a free or low cost clinic?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

I'm glad you're looking for support

D
Old 10-17-2011, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope we can help you as much as this site has helped me. Living without alcohol is truly wonderful, tho it takes time and effort to get there.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi gettingup - im on day 2 too and for me it is day 2 again. Im hoping this is it and its my last day 2. It is definitely hard the first week with withdrawl. Then I found it was harder in a different way in that you are feeling good so all I want to do is celebrate that with booze. That is really hard too but I think if we are aware of this and the real reality, our bodies adjusting to the way they were meant to live, we can be ok. I really wish you luck! Welcome to SR - this site really helps!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is my second day too. First day here though. I wake up in a sweat, Im shaking all over and just dont feel good at all.

Stay strong... I know its hard. I hope we can do it. I so need to.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Yes, aa will give you people who understand. You can just hang around to be with sober people. You don't have to do much, if anything with the program. I spent 25 years in & out until I was willing to seriously work a program. By then, alcohol wasn't making anything better for me. Today, aa saved my life.

I've seen others work their program (1 year to 25» years) and today they have sobriety and successful lives.

Best wishes to you!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on day two also, getting up. Good luck- I'm starting to feel better. It was a rough go last night. Good luck to everyone else on day 2!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

I didn't write a daily journal, and I really wish I could read day 2 for me....

"got up early, not knowing what to do. Feel like crap. Gee, I moved here 5 months ago, there's unpacked boxes all over the place. I've been in a fog. OMG! Look at my life. I have none...blah blah blah..."

It was really bbaaaaddd here back then!

I wish you all a peaceful second day...