Notices

3 week wait list!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 week wait list!

hello again everyone! havent been around in a long time.
anyways, i so want to be done with drinking, and got on the waitlist for detox center but its a 3 week wait list!!

everyday i want to quit, i serously dont even want to drink, i only do because i freak myself out about withdrawls. i havent really had bad ones before, just lots of anxiety attacks.

i dont really think i drink enough to get the really bad stuff, like seizures or dts, but im a HUUUGE hypocondriac. so with that said, any advice? i dont want to have to wait 3 weeks to quit. ugh.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Is there something you like to do that can occupy your time? ... besides drinking
I have started doing more things I enjoy and I also have a journal I try to write in at least once a day; what I did\going to do, How I feel, things that made me anxious, etc.
I've gotten sober three times this year, but this (3 weeks) is the longest for me in 10+ years. Time is moving along smoothly for me when I stick with doing something and know that I am doing it to save my life.. Writing things down can be good, not just for you, but to help remember things that might be important to you or a doctor later on.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i love how i feel when im not drinking, i do lots more stuff then too, my hobbies lol its the fear of withdrawl that seems to hold me back, ya know? i work myself up alot, thats been my biggest hurdle.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Drink less when you drink. Drink more slowly. Drink a glass of water between drinks. There's always a way to slowly drink. Your body will still get alcohol ...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I suggest you have an honest talk with your doctor about how best to de tox.
This is especially important if you are useing any drugs.....legal or illegal...

Welcome back...