Notices

Another Day One Looming...

Old 10-15-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Day One Looming...

...and I can't seem to get there. Can't get through the first day. I think the reason people say it seems to get worse and worse after every "relapse" is because they know how hard it is to get through that first freaking day.

I forgot what I even did last time. I remember crying the night before because of an ungodly hurt and and pain.... insults from a "loved one" about my appearance, I think.... but I don't remember how I got through Day One.

Please. I need suggestions. I cannot spend the rest of my life wishing and praying for death.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you should go to a meeting. It could really help you ! You just have to take it one day at a time, one minute at a time or one second at the time if you need to. Ask for help. I know it's not easy but you can do it ! You are worth it
Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just keep strong focus on staying sober.

Plan your day and, as much as possible, do things that don't remind you of drinking. Try to get some exercise and eat as well as you can, being sure to drink a lot of fluids.

Have you checked with your dr?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Alcohol is a depressant, and will induce suicidal thoughts. Once you stop drinking, your depression will lessen significantly. Watch TV for a few days, anything, just let the stuff flush out of your system. Day 3 or 4 is usually tricky, but just deal with it as it comes.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember just...getting through it...no tricks or short cuts....just be gentle with yourself...make sure you eat and make sure you rest.

Seeing a Dr is a good idea if you're especially worried or anxious.

SR really helped me too - not only reaching out for myself but reaching out to others too. It helped me to remember that I wasn't alone and that other people here knew what I was going through

It's ok - you've done this before, you can do this again LSNP

D