Notices

It's Friday. . . my downfall day

Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Friday. . . my downfall day

Okay, here I am at day 5, again, and it's Friday. Here's where I fail almost every time. Here's how my weekend will go. Friday night, relax with a glass of wine (or 7), watch a movie with my husband. Nothing too dramatic on Friday night. I may get a bit slurry, warm and fuzzy, but nothing too bad. Then I get that false sense of security, casual drinking on the weekends is no big deal, right? Saturday. . . still nothing too dramatic happens, but I'll drink a little more. Probably start a little earlier (4?) Perhaps be sloppy but fun. Then Sunday rolls around - FOOTBALL! Drinking starts at 12 for the Steelers game. . . then continues all the way through the day and night. Beer turns to wine while I cook dinner (not a good dinner, because I'm already drunk and decide recipies are useless). I will not remember what I said or did, won't remember spending time with my precious children, be overly sensitive and pick a fight with my husband, cry, sleep on the couch, and wake up on Monday feeling HORRIBLE. Then you'll see a post from me on Monday morning saying "Day 1 again. . . "

NOT THIS TIME. I'm not sure how I will break through this weekend, but I am determined to do it. I can't go to an AA meeting today - the only one close to my office is at noon and I have a meeting at 1 at work. The night meeting is at 8, and that's when I put my little ones in bed for the night. So maybe I'll come back online and chat. . .
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LSZ

Same problem for me I'm on Day 6, for like the millionth time

Originally Posted by landminesgirl View Post
Okay, here I am at day 5, again, and it's Friday. Here's where I fail almost every time. Here's how my weekend will go. Friday night, relax with a glass of wine (or 7), watch a movie with my husband. Nothing too dramatic on Friday night. I may get a bit slurry, warm and fuzzy, but nothing too bad. Then I get that false sense of security, casual drinking on the weekends is no big deal, right? Saturday. . . still nothing too dramatic happens, but I'll drink a little more. Probably start a little earlier (4?) Perhaps be sloppy but fun. Then Sunday rolls around - FOOTBALL! Drinking starts at 12 for the Steelers game. . . then continues all the way through the day and night. Beer turns to wine while I cook dinner (not a good dinner, because I'm already drunk and decide recipies are useless). I will not remember what I said or did, won't remember spending time with my precious children, be overly sensitive and pick a fight with my husband, cry, sleep on the couch, and wake up on Monday feeling HORRIBLE. Then you'll see a post from me on Monday morning saying "Day 1 again. . . "

NOT THIS TIME. I'm not sure how I will break through this weekend, but I am determined to do it. I can't go to an AA meeting today - the only one close to my office is at noon and I have a meeting at 1 at work. The night meeting is at 8, and that's when I put my little ones in bed for the night. So maybe I'll come back online and chat. . .
I need to try something diffferent to get through the weekend.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"I need to try something diffferent to get through the weekend. "

Okay, so what do we do? The voices in my head start to convince me it's okay on my drive home from work. . . I can't really deviate from my routine because I have to pick up my kids from daycare by 6. But I have to do something different too. I just don't know what.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Regardless of anything else....for me to quit....my bottom line was
I had to want to stop more than I wanted to drink.

Wishing y'all the gift of clairty .. You too can win over alcohol.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by landminesgirl View Post
"I need to try something diffferent to get through the weekend. "

Okay, so what do we do? The voices in my head start to convince me it's okay on my drive home from work. . . I can't really deviate from my routine because I have to pick up my kids from daycare by 6. But I have to do something different too. I just don't know what.
I used to drive over an hour to get home through Friday traffic. The only thing that got me through without a pit stop at the liquor store was to be on the phone with someone, anyone!, until I got home. It was a small change and sometimes I had to call about 5 different people but, it worked pretty well.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can get through this if you want to.

Change your weekend routine - no movies, no football games or other things that involved alcohol. Do something different each day that will help you to start feeling good about yourself.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

maybe if you went to the noon meeting and then just left quietly a bit early to get back for your 1:00? I am sure everyone there would understand.