Notices

coming clean - relapse

Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was wondering about you ring - glad you checked in

I think it's undeniably harder to stop once we get started again - I think the progression is a lot quicker the second time around too - frighteningly so.

The thing is, if we're drinking? there's *always* going to be a reason to drink...

Whatever you can think of to use as a support to quit again, I'd use it ring, because things are simply not going to get better until you stop again.

I remember what you had in those 9-10 months - I really want for you to get that again

D
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's really difficult to stop drinking. I think about drinking everyday, and daydream about how nice it would be to start drinking again... what a joke, my life was HELL when I was drinking.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Ring
I have had my AV screaming at me for the last week. It has quieted dojwn considerably but it really scares me that I am so vunerable. I don't want to drink and lose what I have achieved over the last 6 months. I am off to a meeting today to talk to my sponsor and line up a time to do my 4th step. I need to move forward the alterantive is backwards.

Whatever your program do it. If you don't have a program find one. It is impossible to do this on your own.

I wish you all the best
CaiHong
Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Welcome back, Ring! Glad to see you here!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, taking the day off from work so you can have a longer weekend? It sounds like you've already justified pretty much of everything. What I suggest is that you go to a meeting at least 5 times a week for 1 month, and listen. Pass, when it comes to your turn to speak. Get a sponsor. Having a counselor is good, but a sponsor that wants to hear from you on a daily basis will keep your Honesty, Open mindedness, and Willingness in tact.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey there, it is a big ask to stay sober. Even though you know the damage it does, to stop drinking is as stressful as moving house. Even thought the old house was a dump, there is a part of us that remembers the nostalgia and nothing else. We want to go back. This is the alcoholic playing tricks on us.

Please stay sober today and dont look any further into the future as it is not going to be helpful at all. Regards, E
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good that you're still trying. Welcome back.