Notices

Gianna needs a group: day 1 through ? let's count together

Old 05-22-2004, 07:01 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Dan

Gianna,
I'm so glad you had a good laugh at my expense.
The whole hing helped me too, through a somewhat tough day...
Now, about your mom's costume jewels... I'm looking for a rather fetching pair of earings to go with this killer feather boa Chy sent me yesterday...
Old 05-24-2004, 11:34 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

STILL laughing here, Dan! And glad it helped. How was the mall?

As for the rest of you girls,

Thanks MG for saying nice things about me. You feel like such a good friend. How did your weekend go with the husband?

Kath, you always crack me up. Glad I am capable of doing the same. Inventory: one beer drunk (after all that planning I nearly left them out on the counter)! Funny about your Mom and the wine glasses, when of course it is all in the eyes.

BF never noticed the different Scotch. Wish I hadn't thrown the rest of the bottle away... "old" red wine still in fridge....

Feeding frenzy at the yard sale. Dan(ielle) I have a great purse for you.

Anna, you are such a source of strength. Thanks for always sharing it with me. Thought a lot about your husband's possible departure if you went back to drinking. What a fear to have to live with, (his) although I am sure it is receeding into the mists of memory as you have shown your sober self to him for a comfortable period of time.

Asked the bf about his father this weekend. (bf was only 8 when his father committed suicide). He was an only child, and even though his father was depressive, and an alcoholic, the worst for the bf was that he deserted this world (and his only son) (Joe, take note! Hang in there for your son.). Bf talked about he and his mother having to search the bars for his father (they were poor, and no one to leave him with) before the father spent all the money on booze. Also, his father was sent to rehabs countless times apparently. No wonder bf is worried about a relationship with someone with an alcohol problem.

I however, am in a much better space with myself. I am what I am: a person who does not deal well with alcohol, but has many pluses. (This new-think from SMART; nothing short of a complete change of thinking. Unconditional self-acceptance, and no comparing to others).

See you all later,
Love, Gianna

S
Old 05-24-2004, 11:37 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Dan

Purse?
Anything in a Great Gatsby look would suit me I think...
Light one for me G.
Love right back to you.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Gianna, you just sound 1,000 times better. I'm glad that SMART is working for you! BTW, great post to Marie!

Love ya,
Missy
Old 05-25-2004, 12:05 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi everyone,
Gianna, you sound wonderful. Tell me about SMART. I don't know about it. I'm doing well. 16 days today without a drink. That is amazing. I'm going to meetings every morning and speak with my sponser every night. I've been invited to a pool party on Saturday. One of the women at my meeting is having it. It should be a great time. I'm here reading all of the post but sometimes don't have time to write because I'm at work.
Love to all of you,
Lynda
Old 05-25-2004, 01:01 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi Missy, I am 1000 times better, for only one reason, and we all know what that is! I do try to sound how I feel as I get the best feedback that way. A few months ago when I was doing a lot of whining Kath sent me a great e-mail which made me see that for what it was. (Dubious gratitude to you Kath!)

well, actually maybe 2 reasons because I have been using SMART a lot and have discovered through their tools a lot of rat's nests in my thinking.

Lynda, check out www.smartrecovery.org It is really helpful for tools and general reorganizing of how we see ourselves. Good forums too.

Love, Gianna

Dan, purses aside, how are you my friend?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:03 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Dan

Sober Gianna.
Working on life now...
All good in the end.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:20 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Gianna, You sound great. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. I will check out the smart link, never can have enough tools in my tool box. Love you and keep making the right choice to a better you.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
spirit

Hey gianna, it is good to see you back to you old self, although i do like the drinking one too, how could i not like all of you all of the time!!

god i cant remember what is said the in email, hope i wasnt harsh hahaha

one small step hey, keep going girl.

hugs to you and all the crew here
kath

hi ho hi ho its off to work i go - groan haha
Old 05-25-2004, 05:45 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

yes you were mean to me. It's a wonder I am still talking to you. I mean, I could be off in a bar having fun now if it wasn't for you.

Hah! Serves you right! Go to work. I am going home to a nice dinner and bed. Heh Heh. That's what you get for being on the wrong side of the earth. And don't think you are ever getting that cold cream...I sent it off to Dan.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
spirit

hahaha, well you didnt know i was all seeing did you haha

here i am at work, spying on you, haha

love your humour and dare i say dan needs the cream more than me haha, oh a word to dan, the cream we are talking about is for your face - you cant eat IT!!

hugs, thanks for the laugh
kath